Season Pass - Where are you? (1 Viewer)

silentmonolith

Portal Member
January 5, 2006
I spent lots of time trying to find the best Media Center program...SesamTV, BeyondTV, Meedio, SageTV. Media Portal is one of the greatest software for this purpose. Unfortunately I couldn't find one of the most useful feature for a media center software: Season Pass (=recording automatically episodes from the same series). I searched the forum a lot for an answer - someone said that this thing is possible but forgot how to do it.
Could you please tell me if this feature is available in Media Portal?. In my opinion Season Pass is one of the features that differentiates a media center computer from the good ol' VCR.
Thank you!

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP already has a very advanced series handling. Go to an episode of your favorite series you want to record and choose one of the many options like "Record everytime on everychannel" "Record Mon-Fri" and all episodes according to this rule will be recorded. Simple, huh? ;-)

Maschine

tkortell

Portal Pro
    April 13, 2005
    Vaasa / Sulva
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    If you select a show from the TV guide and select "advanced Recording" you get many different recording options:

Record once
    Record every time on this channel
    Record every time on every channel
    Record every week at this time
    Record every day at this time
    Record every weekday
    Record Sat-Sun

Hope this helps ;)

Regards // Tomas

megaace

August 20, 2005
    This kind of functionality:

Record once
    Record every time on this channel
    Record every time on every channel
    Record every week at this time
    Record every day at this time
    Record every weekday
    Record Sat-Sun

does not account for episode time changes. Hence the meaning of the "Season Pass" There should be an option to record a show every time it is on (according to the guide) rather than just a timeslot. This way date, time, and length wouldn't matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom