secondary path for recordings (1 Viewer)

nicx

Portal Pro
February 1, 2006
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hey guys,

is there a possibility to set another path for recordings so that they are shown in the "my recordings" section?

Waht I do: the TV-Server reocords locally, but if my HD is running out of space I move old recordings to a network share (including the xml of the show). I still want to see them in "My recordings" with all the xml infos and not in the "my videos" sections. So I need another recordings-path only for monitoring and not for recording, is this possible?

regards,
nicx...

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Create a Junction point is most probably the easiest way of doing this, one of the ways is to use something like Junction Link Magic.

Use at own risk though, you might want to do a bit of research on this, just to make sure you get things right :)

nicx

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2006
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hm unfortunately a junction point is not working with network folders... I always get an error :(

any other hints?

fermin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 1, 2008
    Zug
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Same problem here. The wife is recording stuff like crazy, and I'm stuck with a disk full of cr...things I wouldn't have recorded.

I would really love the option of being able to have a second (third, fourth, ...) path and would then probably offload some of the files during the night using robocopy or something similar to a network location. That would also mean that the database would need to handle the fact that the recording "d:\recorder\some_show\2009-05-20-blahblah.ts" (and its .xml file) is now on "\\mynas\recorder\some_show\2009-05-20-blahblah.ts". And while I'm not planning on adding a local disk to my setup, I guess it would also be nice if the second path could be "e:\recorder\..."

Regards
    Fermin

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    one more vote for this - I think many people do "offload" their recordings to a network drive - so do I - and would like to keep the recordings inside MPO at the "usual place"...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom