Self Contained Web Server / Interface (3 Viewers)

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hm, could it be that the MPWebInterface is not working with 1.2.x anymore? I updated my TV server to 1.2.1 and then wanted to update the TV logos in the MPWebInterface configuration. However, when I press the "Reset" button under "Logos" I get the following error: "ADQuery: field 'name' not found" and then no channels are displayed there anymore.

dazzle

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi, I have the same issue with both 1.2.1 and 1.2.2 :-(

Hope Big_Kev still would like to develop this nice program.

-dazzle

asboe

Portal Member
    March 5, 2008
    Hm, could it be that the MPWebInterface is not working with 1.2.x anymore? I updated my TV server to 1.2.1 and then wanted to update the TV logos in the MPWebInterface configuration. However, when I press the "Reset" button under "Logos" I get the following error: "ADQuery: field 'name' not found" and then no channels are displayed there anymore.

Some clean-up in DB was done in the MP update to version 1.2. MP WEbinterface expext a Coloumn Name: 'name'.
    I fixed it remaking the column name in db.

dazzle

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi,

I thought it was something like that, but I am not good at MySQL. Can you post a "howto" please?

Regards

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi, I have the same issue with both 1.2.1 and 1.2.2 :-(

Hope Big_Kev still would like to develop this nice program.

-dazzle
    He wanted to completely redo the whole thing in C#. But now it's probably better to use the MPExtended WebMediaPortal, that is currently under development. It's better to have one unified plugin instead of running multiple web services for your TV service. Though I don't like the current design layout of MPExtended WebMediaPortal.

dazzle

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Interesting info. I will keep an eye on the MPExtended WebMediaPortal.

Thank you for info.

asboe

Portal Member
    March 5, 2008
    Some time ago i did these changes. by using the guide from Big_Kev, where he explain how to add a db for queries. Using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
    I saved the settings in a screendump.

Hope it helps

Attachments

• db-clip.png
      db-clip.png
      184.7 KB

Elof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    He wanted to completely redo the whole thing in C#. But now it's probably better to use the MPExtended WebMediaPortal, that is currently under development. It's better to have one unified plugin instead of running multiple web services for your TV service. Though I don't like the current design layout of MPExtended WebMediaPortal.

I agree that one web interface to rule them all is the best but I mainly use the query function for scheduling shows and series I want to watch. Any suggestions on a replacement for that part?

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

I agree that one web interface to rule them all is the best but I mainly use the query function for scheduling shows and series I want to watch. Any suggestions on a replacement for that part?
    I still use Kev's webinterface. I currently don't mind having no TV logos. However, WebMediaPortal should be able to do that as well, but I haven't tried the preview version yet.

toggsiii

February 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Whilst waiting for MPExtended WebMediaPortal, i thought I'd take a look at Kev's webinterface. It is simple, functional and intuitive.
    Here's what I did to get Kev's webinterface working with MP 1.2 and MySQL. The SQL syntax should be the same for MS SQL users who have the advantage of a more inuitive SQL GUI (IMO).

Install MySQL Workbench on the computer running the MP TV Server
    Run MySQL Workbench and you are presented with the most complex SQL GUI I have ever come across!
    Don't be daunted. On the lefthand side click on "Open Connection to Start Querying"
    Select the (hidden) Stored Connection "Local Instance MySQL" in the top pulldown.
    Click on Password "Store in Vault" button and enter the default MP password MediaPortal (case sensitive) unless you've changed the default!
    Click on "OK" button

You now see an SQL query window
    - delete whatever is there and add the two lines which are required to schedule recordings using the Web Interface:-
    ALTER TABLE mptvdb.schedule ALTER series SET DEFAULT FALSE;
    ALTER TABLE mptvdb.schedule ALTER directory varchar(1024) NULL;
    Both lines should have a green dot beside them. A red dot means a typo error.
    Hit the lighting bolt at the top of the query window to run the commands.
    The output window underneath should report no errors.

- If you like to check to see changes have been made, clear the query window and use the following query which lists the attibutes of all the fields.
    You should see that the two fields "series" and "directory" have been changed.
    DESCRIBE mptvdb.schedule;

- Someone suggested the following is required if using channel logos. It's not needed for scheduling and I don't see how to use logos anyway:-
    ALTER TABLE mptvdb.schedule ADD name varchar(50) NULL DEFAULT '';

You are done, close the workbench. Changes should be immediate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom