Self Contained Web Server / Interface (1 Viewer)

groovyclam

April 12, 2008
Kev - can you help me please!

I'm trying to write a plugin that is triggered by a TVSchedule app we have in the UK called DigiGuide.

I want the plugin to take data that is sent by DigiGuide and shedule a recording in the TVServer.

Your Web Scheduler seems a similar way into this. I have some questions that I hope you can help me with.

1. Is scheduling a recording as simple as writing an appropriate line into the "schedule" table ?
I tried doing this manually using MYSQL GUI database browser but the TVServer didn't pick it up and start the recording.

2. Is there another table that needs updating as well as the schedule table ? Or something else that need doing after writing the line to the schedule table ?

If you prefer to keep this thread solely for discussing your Web Scheduler support then you can contact me directly at:

g r o o v y c l a m _at_ hotmail.com

gunck4

Portal Pro
December 8, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
Problem with database on linux

Hi Big_Kev,

I'm running my TvLibrary database on a linux machine and as you probably know table names are case sensitive there. That causes troubles for the WebInterface that queries the database using only lower case characters in the table names.

"MP Web Server Error 500
The Web Server has encountered the following error:

[AnyDAC][Phys][MySQL][LIBMYSQL] Table 'TvLibrary.channelgroup' doesn't exist
"

The table should for example be queried with 'TvLibrary.ChannelGroup' instead of 'TvLibrary.channelgroup'.

Is it possible to change the database operations so they also would work in linux users environments? :)

EDIT: By setting lower_case_table_names=1 in my.cnf it is possible to make MySQL on linux case insesitive to, so I think I can live with that. :) Thank you anyway!

-gunck4

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
A quick heads up for ipod touch / iphone users, add the following to the headers of the HTML files used by the web interface to get the pages showing better in Safari..

HTML:
<meta name = "viewport" content = "width = device-width">

You can see the difference in the screenshots below for the main menu & main guide with & without the meta tag.

Just saves a bit of zooming :)

Attachments

• menusm.jpg
    menusm.jpg
    12.1 KB
  • manulg.jpg
    manulg.jpg
    23.2 KB
  • guidesm.jpg
    guidesm.jpg
    17.5 KB
  • guidelg.jpg
    guidelg.jpg
    26.9 KB

TranceManNZ

Portal Pro
July 30, 2006
A quick heads up for ipod touch / iphone users, add the following to the headers of the HTML files used by the web interface to get the pages showing better in Safari..

HTML:

You can see the difference in the screenshots below for the main menu & main guide with & without the meta tag.

Just saves a bit of zooming :)

Sounds good to me. Can you give a little more instructions for us dumbass's that have no idea?

Kev, i love this server.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Locate the .htm files in C:\Program Files\MP Web Interface or C:\Program Files\MP Web Interface\PDA

Open each one and add the line

immediately after the

<head>

then close & save the file.

stefan04

Portal Member
October 1, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Wake up Mediaportal Server when recording scheduled

Hi,

First of all - Thanks for a great piece of software!! Just installed it and had it running in minutes!
I am running the MySQL server on a linux box and the webserver itself is running on a windows workstation in vmware. My Mediaportal pc is not on all day, so my question is, is it possible that when a recording has been scheduled via the webserver, and the Mediaportal pc is not aware of it (yet) because it hasn't been on since the recording has been scheduled, that the webservice on my vmware machine boots up my Mediaportal pc (via wake on lan e.g) ??

:D

Stefan

jabaah

August 31, 2004
Home Country
Germany Germany
Rangebox fpr TV-Card

Hi,

first of all a big THANKS for this Webcontrol, its perfect!!!
Is it possible to make a rangebox for selecting the TV-Card, when add an record from epg??

Many thanks for resolve this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom