Self Contained Web Server / Interface (1 Viewer)

Mr.Montesa

Portal Pro
August 9, 2006
Hessen
Home Country
Germany Germany
Good evening gentlemen,
first I'd like to say: Thanks a lot for that pretty cool webfrontend!
I'm just at the beginning to discover all the great stuff.

But perhaps you can help me with a problem on my system. While scheduling a recording I get the followin error:
Code:
Error: [AnyDAC][Phys][ODBC][Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'directory', table 'MpTvDbRC2.dbo.Schedule'; 
column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
And in horitsontal view I get this error while clicking on the small yellow exclamation mark/question mark:
Code:
The Web Server has encountered the following error:

[AnyDAC][Phys][ODBC][Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Invalid object name 'bkqueries.dbo.programs'.
I just searched this thread regardning SQL error and always saw the hint upgrading to the latest version.
So I upgraded to version 0.4.0.03. But still getting these errors.
Let me know if you need additional input.
Thanks for any hints.
greets

OleBent

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2005
    asboe

As you already know I like your remoddeled graphics a lot.....

Sweetens this great webinterface even more.

Nice seeing you posting them for others to try.

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Code:
    Error: [AnyDAC][Phys][ODBC][Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'directory', table 'MpTvDbRC2.dbo.Schedule'; 
    column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.

This issue is usually caused when there is no default recording folder associated with a tv card. Check in TV Server Configuration under Recording Settings -> Recording Folders that there is a recording directory specified for each card.
    And in horitsontal view I get this error while clicking on the small yellow exclamation mark/question mark:
    Code:
    [AnyDAC][Phys][ODBC][Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Invalid object name 'bkqueries.dbo.programs'.

I am not sure about this one... basically, when the system searches for all suggested programs, it needs to access both the bkqueries database and the normal mediaportal database in the same query. This works fine in MySQL just by prefixing the table names with the database name - like bkqueries.programs - but in MSSQL, you need to specify the database owner as well, hence the ".dbo" added to the table name for MSSQL.

I think there are 2 possibilities....
    1. You are using MySQL and the interface has not detected this correctly.
    2. The loggin you created for the web interface to your MSSQL database does not have sufficient privileges to both databases.

As a start, which database are you using?

If you are using MSSQL, check that the privileges on the user you created are sufficient. To do this you will need to have installed Microsoft SQL Server Management Express (there is a link in a previous post). From the main screen, open the "Security" folder, then "logins" then double click the user id that you are using for the web interface. This will open the "Login Properties" window. Select "Server Roles" - I am not sure which is the correct one, so tick them all! (someone out there probably knows!). I am not actually sure if this will work, but it is a good probability.

Please keep me posted so we can get to the bottom of it.

Kev

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    New Version 0.4.0.05 beta

Hi all,

You may notice that I have jumped 1 version (0.04). It made a breif appearance, but then I read the post from asboe about using more sophisticated queries.

I though about this for a while and decided to go for a "write your own" approach.

There is now a text area for an expert query below the 5 key words in the query.

It works like this....

First fill in up to 5 keywords that you are going to use in the query. k1 to k5
    Now write out your expert query using k1, k2, k3 etc to refer to the keywords, and the query words "and", "or" and "not" using brackets where appropriate.

Say I wanted to suggest all programs with "dog" or "cat" but not "horse" or "donkey" but don't suggest any episodes of playschool...

k1 = cat, k2 = dog, k3 = horse, k4 = donkey, k5 = playschool. (all queries are NOT case sensitive).

The expert query would be...

((k1 or k2) and not (k3 or k4)) and not k5

the syntax is very similar to a "where" statement in SQL, and in fact uses substitution to create the "where" statement for the query - in addition to the other constraints of dates / times etc.

If you don't enter anything in the expert query, it just works like before....

k1 or k2 or k3 or k4 or k5...

Feedback would be great.

Also fixed "!!!CheckBox!!!" thing on non-multi select + copying IP to all user profiles on editing + some minor HTML changes...

Kev

Hi asboe

:DThanks for your new icons! I have included them in the latest version.

:DThanks for the idea for more sophisticated queries.

Kev

Hi Kev,

there's one bug that's been there as long as feature for different users, it's present at least on 03.0.07 which is currently installed on my HTPC. I have three userprofiles installed with their own individual IP addresses for auto-login. Everything works just correct except editing. When you edit one profile it usually updates only the one on bottom.

Fixed

Kev

Attachments

• query.jpg
      query.jpg
      67.3 KB

rroet

Portal Member
    July 25, 2008
    Home Country
    Mornin' Kev, (morning on my side at least)

I saw you jumped the number, but after installation the manager still indicated 4.004B .... o_O odd.

I've updated the dutch translation file. It looks like all html templates were correct already this time:D. So just the translation file attached this time.

Had some odd mssql stuff with query based recordings. Often it was a PEBKAC that caused the issue :)
    Don't forget to click the radio buttons of the queries before pressing edit or remove is my tip to the fellow users :p

Keep up the good work.:D

Mr.Montesa

Portal Pro
    August 9, 2006
    Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey Kev,
    thanks for your fast reply.
    With your first hint you were damn right. I thought that the first setting would be the default value for all. Configured my TV cards and it is working now.
    BTW: I'm using MS-SQL.

The second hint didn't work. See attached screenshot.
    1st line is a scheduled recording.
    2nd line is the default icon for all shows. I'm not sure if an exclamation/question mark is the default icon.
    When I click on the questionmark of show "Familienzeit", I get the following error:
    Code:

Of corse after following you hint, editing the DB roles.
    Can I increase the logging/debugging to send you more details? Or how shall we proceed?
    Additional info: I've followed exactly your Setup.pdf. Default settings, user web, etc.
    Thanks for your tips.
    greets

EDIT:
    I got a second error that may help.
    Got it while viewing my scheduled recordings and klicking on the button: Query Manager
    Code:

[AnyDAC][Comp][Clnt]-340. Driver ID is not defined. Set TADConnection.DriverName or add DriverID parameter to your connection definition
    I'm not sure, but the DriverID should be important.
    On clicking the button: show suggestions I get:
    Code:

Attachments

• MP_error.PNG
      MP_error.PNG
      20.9 KB

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi,

after I installed the MPWebIntSetup_0_4_0_05.exe the version still 0.4.0.04 Beta. This version can't save the 'Suggest Only / Schedule to Record ' and channel settings in the new query menu.

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    BUGS!

:sorry:confused:orry all,:oops:

There seems to be a few bugs with some of the new stuff.

I wont be able to look at it until tuesday, please be patient and add more feature requests / bugs so I can work them into the next release (if I have time! - or I will just try and fix the bugs!)

Kev

[/code]

Hi,

Could you please check in MSSQL Management Studio and see if the tables in bkqueries have been created as "dbo.queries" and "dbo.programs" or they have something other than "dbo" (like your MSSQL user name)

Kev

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

[AnyDAC][Comp][Clnt]-340. Driver ID is not defined. Set TADConnection.DriverName or add DriverID parameter to your connection definition

You get that error when you haven't selected the "Enable query based suggestions and recordings" on the Database section of MP Web Interface Manager.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom