Self Contained Web Server / Interface (2 Viewers)

petsa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Kev,

If we can add things to the wish-list I have one more...

In a previous SW I used the user could add searches for future recordings. Let me try to explain what I mean with this. Say you want to record everything with the actress Michele Pfeiffer. Then you put this in as a search item. Every day/week/whatever when a new EPG is downloaded this search is executed and if any items are found they are added to the list of recordings.

By doing things this way you can search for things not yet in the EPG. I typically used it for some actors/actresses and some children's show. For the sports freak you can have it serach for anything with football/cricket/formula-1/etc.

I'm not sure how difficult it would be to implement but it would be a nice addition ;-)

/Peter

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    New Version - 0.0.0.10

Hi All,

I have added some of the requested features, and fixed some bugs...

Listings now use channel display names instead of MP generated names.

You can display logos for channels by putting the .png files in the web interface directory and naming them in the format display-name.png. For example, ABC TV would be "ABC TV.png".

Any matching logo found will be displayed. If you dont want them, dont put them in the directory!

There is a logoff button on the main menu for users on public computers - this will invalidate your session on the web server and stop others from using history to access your server.

Got a lot of bugs out of the Horizontal display - give it a go and let me know what you think...

FINALLY fixed the errors that are thrown when the server is stopped (I think).

Regards
    Kev

Hi Kev,

If we can add things to the wish-list I have one more...

In a previous SW I used the user could add searches for future recordings. Let me try to explain what I mean with this. Say you want to record everything with the actress Michele Pfeiffer. Then you put this in as a search item. Every day/week/whatever when a new EPG is downloaded this search is executed and if any items are found they are added to the list of recordings.

By doing things this way you can search for things not yet in the EPG. I typically used it for some actors/actresses and some children's show. For the sports freak you can have it serach for anything with football/cricket/formula-1/etc.

I'm not sure how difficult it would be to implement but it would be a nice addition ;-)

/Peter
    Thats a tough one!

Maybe I can prompt you on login that "New Recordings have been found"?

That should work I think...

Regards

Kev

jarod

Portal Member
    June 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

very nice program i used it from the first version. :)
    Like it to use the channel logos, but it is possible to put an checkbox in the config that everyone can choose if he want them or not so you can take the "mediaportal - path" to the channel logos?
    "Team Mediaportal/MediaPortal/Thumbs/TV/Logos/"
    So i don't have to copy them form there to the Mp Web Interface folder.

mfg jarod

PS: The Horizontal display don't work on my PC only a blank side open.

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi,

very nice program i used it from the first version. :)
    Like it to use the channel logos, but it is possible to put an checkbox in the config that everyone can choose if he want them or not so you can take the "mediaportal - path" to the channel logos?
    "Team Mediaportal/MediaPortal/Thumbs/TV/Logos/"
    So i don't have to copy them form there to the Mp Web Interface folder.

mfg jarod

I did think of that... but the web server may not be on a client machine and not have access to the thumbs directory.

I will look at adding it as an option to put in a path to the logos - otherwise look in the app directory. That should cover both possibilities.

I would like to hear from anyone who has the Horizontal display working as it woks fine on my PC... but that is usually the way with programing!

Regards
    Kev

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

- Horizontal no longer works for me, using FF and 0.0.0.10.
    - Channel Logo's work with non-horizontal view for me (copied them to MP Web directory as instructed)

Thanks

rr69

Portal Member
    November 6, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Same here, installed version 0.0.0.10

- Horizontal doesn't work anymore.
    - Logo's work in non horizontal mode.

Greetz rr69

petsa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi!

I investigated the problem with not seeing anything in the program guide. It seems as it works fine when displaying the data horizontally, but not vertically (hangs the web browser).

Any idea why this could be?

/Peter

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    April 11, 2005
    Brussels
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    After upgrading to 0.0.etc.10 the horizontal view is broken, both in Firefox and IE.
    IE has the decency to show a HTTP 500 Internal server error.

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Version 0.0.0.11

After upgrading to 0.0.etc.10 the horizontal view is broken, both in Firefox and IE.
    IE has the decency to show a HTTP 500 Internal server error.
    Horizontal Display.

I found a problem with programs that start before the display timespan. My data just did not have the particular combination so it did not show in my testing until I got new EPG data today.

Could you let me know if it is working with this new version please.

Regards
    Kev

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom