Self Contained Web Server / Interface | Page 5

Discussion in 'WebService and Mobile Access' started by Big_Kev, August 31, 2007.

1. Big_Kev

Big_Kev Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +186 / 0
    Home Country:
    Version 0.0.0.9

First draft of the horizontal program guide display.... This made my brain hurt!!

In the Configuratoin program, on the appearance tab, select the Horizontal Display option.

guidemain.htm has been changed slightly, so if you have edited that page, you will have to add in the changes - they are only minor - see "!!!TimeSpan!!!" added in and header table increased to 50% width...

As usual if you have made any changes to HTML pages, back them up first as they will be overwritten.

:sorry: Sorry but I still have not tracked down the annoying bug causing the service to GPF when you stop it if you have used it in the last 10 minutes (session timeout). I will keep looking!

If you open the Manager, stop the service, clear the errors and close the manager again before installing, it will install without any hassles (not that doing this first is not a hassle!)

Regards
    Kev

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Marcusb
    • Team MediaPortal

Marcusb Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    hi there.
    I'm still overseas, but looking very forward to trying this out.
    From the rate of development, it may be v5.0 that I will be installing. You're pretty amazing...

I have a couple of suggestions, but not sure if these are silly things, since I havent been able to try it yet.

1) TV cards - do you have access to the status of tv cards? May be good to have a screen that shows which cards are idle and which are active. Just might be nice to get this sort of info.
    2) Stats - is it possible to give the amount of disk space left on the recording drives? would be good to know that when checking in and scheduling recording from external.
    3) is there a way to have the login page on an external web page? I haven't looked to close and can't do any experimenting at the moment, but would like to embed tht on an external site. Probably not that important, these are just off the wall thoughts.
    4) Connections - is there a way to show which clients are connectd to the database? kind of a bit of extra info from the TV turner status request.

That's just a bit of brainstorming I cam up with. I figure since we are looking in from outside the house in most instances, it could be good to know some technical information as well.

Regards, and thanks for what appears to be a great app for MP (going by everyone elses reactions).

Marcus.

• Like Like x 1
  4. midiboy

midiboy Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Hi Kev,

I am using TV Server version V0.2.3.0 RC1 Snapshot 15641 (one of the recent).
    I am using the MSSQL database (SQL Express 2005 SP2)

But maybe the problem is that my TV server is running on Windows 2003 Server ?

By the way, today when logging on to my server via RDP (remote desktop) I found this message in eventlog:

Ereignistyp: Fehler
    Ereignisquelle: Application Error
    Ereigniskategorie: (100)
    Ereigniskennung: 1000
    Datum: 05.09.2007
    Zeit: 21:52:19
    Benutzer: Nicht zutreffend
    Computer: MEDIASERVER
    Beschreibung:
    Fehlgeschlagene Anwendung MPWebInt.exe, Version 0.0.0.6, fehlgeschlagenes Modul unknown, Version 0.0.0.0, Fehleradresse 0x00000012.

It means that the MPwebInt.exe was closed due to an unkown error, the adress of the error is 0x00000012.

Then there was another entry in the eventlog:

Ereignistyp: Informationen
    Ereignisquelle: DrWatson
    Ereigniskategorie: Keine
    Ereigniskennung: 4097
    Datum: 05.09.2007
    Zeit: 21:52:19
    Beschreibung:
    Die Anwendung "C:\Programme\MP Web Interface\MPWebInt.exe" hat einen Programmfehler verursacht. Datum und Zeit des Fehlers: 05.09.2007 um 21:52:19.359 Ausnahme: c0000005 an Adresse 00000012 (<nosymbols>)

This one also says that an error had occured in MPwebint.exe and specifies time and date and exeption which is c0000005 an Adresse 00000012.

Maybe those things are related ?

Bye,
    Alex

5. Big_Kev

Big_Kev Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +186 / 0
    Home Country:
    It seems that the program is crashing...

How new is the TV Server back end (not the client front end which is the V 0.2.3.0 RC1). If it is from the last few weeks then that would not be the problem. I am using tvengine3-08-16-2007--01-22h--Rev15546.

You can try the web server on another machine on your network and set the name of the MSSQL server to the name of your 2003 server to see if that is the problem.

It still looks like a database structure problem to me...

Regards
    Kev

6. gemx
    • Team MediaPortal

gemx Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +541 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Big_Kev:
    Have you noticed that i introduced a db update with my last change ("Added grabbing the parental rating...")?
    There gets only 1 col added to the db named "parentalRating" in table "Program"
    Depending on the sql statement, that might cause a problem.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Big_Kev

Big_Kev Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +186 / 0
    Home Country:
    Most of my select statements use "select * from" syntax and a few select specific fields that already exist. So it should not be a problem. The application uses "FieldByName" type commands to access the data.

What XML tag are you uploading this data from so I can add it to my EPG GUI (different application)?

Thanks for the update!

8. Big_Kev

Big_Kev Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +186 / 0
    Home Country:
    Testing new DB...

Just loaded and tested with latest version of TV Engine with new db changes (15769).

All seems to be working fine.

Kev

9. midiboy

midiboy Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Big_Kev,

I am using tvengine3-08-31-2007--01-23h--Rev15687 which is a pretty recent one. When Windows decides to close the application due to an error I saw that DEP (Data Execution Prevention) has closed the program. Maybe you would need to adapt the program to be compatible with DEP ?

I did just install the mpwebinterface on my Windows XP SP2 client, here the Program crashes instantly as soon as I configured the settings and clicked on save. (after the message "webserver running" appeared for about 1 sec.)

Bye,
    Alex

10. Marcusb
    • Team MediaPortal

Marcusb Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    Midiboy, have you got any special DEP settings?
    Maybe try with DEP for only essential windows services or else for all programs, but select the web app as an exclusion.

system/advanced/performance/DEP

11. midiboy

midiboy Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi !

I have now excluded the application from DEP but it still crashes, this time in kernel32.dll:

Ereignistyp: Fehler
    Ereignisquelle: Application Error
    Ereigniskategorie: (100)
    Ereigniskennung: 1000
    Datum: 06.09.2007
    Zeit: 18:12:03
    Beschreibung:
    Fehlgeschlagene Anwendung MPWebInt.exe, Version 0.0.0.9, fehlgeschlagenes Modul kernel32.dll, Version 5.2.3790.4062, Fehleradresse 0x0000bee7.

Any further ideas ? :)

Thanks,
    midiboy

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!