Self Contained Web Server / Interface (5 Viewers)

sunsetdk

Portal Pro
October 18, 2005
Nordborg
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Kev - can you help me please!

I'm trying to write a plugin that is triggered by a TVSchedule app we have in the UK called DigiGuide.

2. Is there another table that needs updating as well as the schedule table ? Or something else that need doing after writing the line to the schedule table ?

Have you looked at the plugin development section i'm pretty sure that in the exposed API's there is a way to add a recording, that way all database access is done through the TVE3.

I created a small plugin for TVE3 and use those medhodes.

Not sure if they would work if the plugin you are creating isn't for TVE3, but for running in digiguide.

René

P.Niem

Portal Member
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hello Kev,

I just installed this great program and within one hour I had it running. I was looking for so long for a web interface and I had a jalouse look to the WebGuide 4 once. Thank you very much.

sderuiter

Portal Pro
December 2, 2005
Guide doesn't update

Hi,

Installed perfectly and worked! I could see my guide and scheduled recordings. However, the next day I noticed that a scheduled program I added after installing, didn't appear in the Web Interface.
next days the guide kept getting emptier and today there's no guide info at all (which is not true, xmltv plugin in tvserver shows it's imported today successfully).

It seems like the Web Interface updated it's information only once (during installation), and not afterwards (which seems strange, because I would imagine it just reads the tables that tvserver creates/maintains.

Summary: setup and installation all went well. I can login, but information (guide, schedules, etc) is not updated.

Any help appreciated.

voltagex

Portal Member
May 3, 2006
Error

Here's the error I get when clicking Reload in the EPG tab.

Attachments

• error.PNG
    error.PNG
    6.8 KB

Goersch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 10, 2007
    Hello,

I have installed the Webinteface today - and it works great. Except one little thing I didn't get done yet: I'm trying to run it from a second PC, but all I get is the main menu (on firefox and IE). Even if the adress is like http://server:8080/showguide, all I get is the main menu.

Would be great if someone can help !
    :D
    Georg

Found it. I blocked cookies with my firewall...

:oops:
    Georg

P.Niem

Portal Member
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    After a few days using it, i'm getting more and more enthusiast. My opinion it is much easier to enter or browse the tv guide using your tool than the native tv guide in MP.

The only minor issue at configuration is the size of the window and the location of the STOP and SAVE buttons. This is because I use a 720 x 576 pixel screen (VGA to TV directly) In this case I can not use the mouse to click on these buttons, because the are located below the screen. However I use a work around by using the tab button to skip to the SAVE button and press enter.

It would be nice if there is a rainy Sunday afternoon for it to adjust the location of these buttons.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    is it neccesary to install MSSQL Express to setup your web server application?

or can it be done with the basic tvserver+client setup that comes when u install the new RC1??

yes, i got stuck in step 1 of your manual :p

P.Niem

Portal Member
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No that isn't necessary. If you have installed TVserver with MySQL you have to skip section "adding a user to MSSQL Express" and go further with section "adding a user to MySQL" on page 4.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    No that isn't necessary. If you have installed TVserver with MySQL you have to skip section "adding a user to MSSQL Express" and go further with section "adding a user to MySQL" on page 4.

are there any chances of getting an updated version of the pdf for RC1?

i have tried to add a user to mysql but i dont know how to do it, i cant find any screen similar to the one of the pdf.

what is the server, user, and password when i go to web inter config?

thanks a lot, and sorry for so many quetions.

btw, in the start menu...
    i have "microsoft sql server 2005
    -Configuration tools
    ---sql server configuation manager
    ---sql server surface are configuration (this is the only place i can Add new administrator, if thats what i want to do, but i dont know the name i have to write)

P.Niem

Portal Member
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    When installing MP only some parts of MySQL are installed. You have to download and install the MySQL GUI Tools and after installing you have to run MySQL Administrator. That screen should lok familiar with the screens in the pdf.

Note that the default user is "root" and the (case sensitive) password is "MediaPortal"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom