Self Contained Web Server / Interface (4 Viewers)

rroet

Portal Member
July 25, 2008
Home Country
Hi Kevin,

Your application is wonderfull. I've made a start at translating the webserver into dutch. If you could include the attache .ini file, that would be awesome. I haven't started on the html stuff yet. I'll upload those when I'm done with that.

-------------------------

I did come accross a few things I'd like to note for improvement. I don't know if they've been mentioned before, forgive me for not working through all 54:eek: pages of this thread.

* Ability to set the recording priority on reoccuring events. My wife has the tendensy to want to record 2 shows and watch another. But sometimes I have a 4th or 5th show I want to watch as well. To avoid conflicts, recording priorities can be set. But I can't seem to set those on the webserver. Is it possible to add them?

* The ability to designate a certain tuner to a certain program.
I run a system with 1 digital tuner (FireDTV C/CI) and 2 analog tuners (Hauppauge PVR 500 MCE). The digital one is also capable of recording HD content. Sometimes I have 3 simultaneous shows I want to record. Although they don't have the same starting time, they're on different channels, for which 1 is only receivable on the digital tuner. I'd like to be able to set the digital tuner to that specific show to prevent the tuner being busy on with another recording whilest the only digitally available recording is about to start.

Attachments

• MPTranslate.txt
    30.6 KB

asboe

Portal Member
March 5, 2008
Hi Big_Kev

An other issue with the multi records page, it seems to be that it will not go back to main window after deleting.

I have also tried the non multi records page and here I found this mysterious look:

ja.png

Hope this will be a help!

H/V Asboe

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
June 8, 2007
Home Country
* Ability to set the recording priority on reoccuring events. My wife has the tendensy to want to record 2 shows and watch another. But sometimes I have a 4th or 5th show I want to watch as well. To avoid conflicts, recording priorities can be set. But I can't seem to set those on the webserver. Is it possible to add them?.

There is a recording priority page in the web interface. If you go to the "Scheduled" page there is a button at the top that says "Show Recording Priority". If you click on this, you will see the recording priority page. You can change the priority here.

* The ability to designate a certain tuner to a certain program.
I run a system with 1 digital tuner (FireDTV C/CI) and 2 analog tuners (Hauppauge PVR 500 MCE). The digital one is also capable of recording HD content. Sometimes I have 3 simultaneous shows I want to record. Although they don't have the same starting time, they're on different channels, for which 1 is only receivable on the digital tuner. I'd like to be able to set the digital tuner to that specific show to prevent the tuner being busy on with another recording whilest the only digitally available recording is about to start.

The interface uses the default card associated with a particular channel. This info is usually generated when MP originally scans for channels etc.

I think I can add the tuner card as an option on the scheduling page, so you can override the default when you schedule. It may take me a little while to work it in as I am in the middle of some other stuff with query based scheduling, but hopefully next week.

Thanks for the suggestion, and the translation!:D

Regards
Kev

Done

I copied the html code in a personal mail through this forum.

H/V Asboe

Sorry, did not get it.

Kev

OleBent

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2005
    Hi Kev

First up I must praise this great addon for MP. Super usable.

I can confirm two issues pointed out by asboe.

1. Increasing amount of spaces before the recordings, on the guiderecordedmulti page, with each added recording.

2 Guiderecorded page has exactly same phoney look here as asboes latest dump shows.

A different issue I have experienced is with the guide page.

When using the new function of hiding ended shows. At first this afternoon it worked fine but now later on the channels collapses as shown in attachment.

Again thanks for your efforts.

Attachments

• Guide.JPG
      Guide.JPG
      56.4 KB

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi Kevin,

Your application is wonderfull. I've made a start at translating the webserver into dutch. If you could include the attache .ini file, that would be awesome. I haven't started on the html stuff yet. I'll upload those when I'm done with that.

Hi rroet,

You don't need to do any translations on the HTML files. If you look at the templates, you will see that all the literal strings are surrounded by "~~~" for example "~~~Web Interface~~~".

Any string with "~~~" at each end will be translated by the interface, based on your translate file.

Each time the interface finds a string that is not in the translation file, it is added to the end of the list in the translation table.

So... to translate the web pages, do the following.

1. Open the interface and navigate to EVERY page so that any new strings are definitely in the translation table.
    2. Open the Manager (if it is already open, close it again WITHOUT saving and open it again)
    3. Scroll to the bottom of the translation table and enter the new strings.
    4. Save and reset the interface.

You should now see all strings translated.

If there is a string on a HTML page that is not translated, check the template and make sure it is surrounded by "~~~" tags.

If you add new strings to a HTML template, make sure you add them in English and surround them with "~~~" tags and then follow the above procedure. This means that others from other countries will be able to use your templates.

Regards
    Kev

Then I don't know how to send it too You!

If you can enable Private Messages on your profile, I will send you a PM with my email address.

Kev

Hi Kev
    When using the new function of hiding ended shows. At first this afternoon it worked fine but now later on the channels collapses as shown in attachment.

Roughly what time was it when it did this? I suspect it may have something to do with the time being within the last section...9:30pm to 4am Next morning.

Regards
    Kev

OleBent

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2005
    Hi Kev

Roughly what time was it when it did this? I suspect it may have something to do with the time being within the last section...9:30pm to 4am Next morning.

Regards
    Kev

Hi.

This might actually be the case. Setup the current version around 4pm this afternoon and noticed the behaviour when I came back home at about 10:30pm.
    Will be interesting to see how it looks tomorrow....ahem... later today :)

Will be back with report.

rroet

Portal Member
    July 25, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi Kevin,

Hi rroet,

You don't need to do any translations on the HTML files. If you look at the templates, you will see that all the literal strings are surrounded by "~~~" for example "~~~Web Interface~~~".

Any string with "~~~" at each end will be translated by the interface, based on your translate file.

Each time the interface finds a string that is not in the translation file, it is added to the end of the list in the translation table.

So... to translate the web pages, do the following.

1. Open the interface and navigate to EVERY page so that any new strings are definitely in the translation table.
    2. Open the Manager (if it is already open, close it again WITHOUT saving and open it again)
    3. Scroll to the bottom of the translation table and enter the new strings.
    4. Save and reset the interface.

You should now see all strings translated.

If there is a string on a HTML page that is not translated, check the template and make sure it is surrounded by "~~~" tags.

If you add new strings to a HTML template, make sure you add them in English and surround them with "~~~" tags and then follow the above procedure. This means that others from other countries will be able to use your templates.

Regards
    Kev

I've worked through the mptranslate file and I still found all headers to be showing in english, i.e.: the entire bar "Guide, Scheduled, Recorded, Manual Rec, Search, TV Service, Logout"

I found them in NewInterface\Guidemain

Can you fix them on your side, or should I supply a new file for the NewInterface skin? I'm currently working on the [New Strings] section and working out the grammar which got awefully lost during translation of the english text :p. I'll upload a new file a.s.a.p.

Jelle
    -------------------------------------------
    Extra edit for me. Been working through the translate and html files now.
    I found most missing items and I've worked on them to translate them all and correct the html templates where the ~~~ were missing. The only location I couldn't find was the DELETE button on the showrecorded overview of the PDA skin.

Could you please point me to that?

Here's an updated set of files for the mp_translate.ini in dutch and the html files for both skins.

OleBent

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2005
    Hi Kev

Regards
    Kev

Hi.

This might actually be the case. Setup the current version around 4pm this afternoon and noticed the behaviour when I came back home at about 10:30pm.
    Will be interesting to see how it looks tomorrow....ahem... later today :)

Will be back with report.

Hey

Everything looks as supposed this morning.

We' ll see how it goes tonight :)

MrEMan

Portal Member
    February 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Thank you this is extremely useful.

Couple of quick things:
    When I tried Hide programs that have allready finished and click the next day and then back again to today all the programs are hidden.
    Sometimes when I click save the dialoge box does not appear and I have to do something else then come back to the program for it to appear.

Great work :)

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom