Series: Naming of (multi-)episode files (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The config file you guys are talking about does not exist on my server.
    Then your installation of MP2 is broken. It has to be there under all circumstances.

roedler86

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I still have problems with multi episode files, e.g. with Friends the last two episodes (S10 Episode 17 and Episode 18).

The path is as followed:
    E:\Series\Friends\Season 10\S10E17E18 - The Last One.mkv

I tried S10E17-E18 - The.... as well.

The episode is still under Videos, not Series. But the entry in Videos is “renamed” with “Friends - ....”.

What am I doing wrong?

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

here is a workaround for media itmes that can not be taught to behave correctly:

Stop MP2 Server service via Taskbar Symbol. Wait about 20 seconds until the necessary steps for stopping have been done by the MP2 server process. Move the file or folder in question out of your share folder. Restart MP2 server service. In MP2 client setting do another import run for this share. After import has been finished stop the MP2 server service again. Move the file or folder back into the share. Restart MP2 server service and reimport the same share. That works for me for media files that are not willing to cooperate :D

I think sometimes the database does not want to improve existing entries.

Cheers

Blue Max

roedler86

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for your advice. Unfortunately it did not help. After restarting the service the second time, it appears in Videos again.

If I change the file to S10E17 - The ... it worked well. But not with multi episode name.

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

it is working here as it should. Example:
    Magnum S03E01-E02 Eine lebende Zeitbombe (1982) (tt0639640).mkv
    Magnum S03E01-E02 Eine lebende Zeitbombe (1982) (tt0639640).nfo

is displayed as (first two episodes):

20181231-223629.png

Respective .nfo file (uploaded as .txt.) is attached. You see there are two entries in the .nfo file.

Maybe the season folder naming is the problem. My season folders are named S01, S02, S03 ...

I once had one episode from a different series which would not get recognized no matter what I did. Everything was correct, naming scheme, contents of the .nfo file and such. Only after I removed it completely with the method above it did work.

Cheers

Blue Max

Attachments

• Magnum S03E01-E02 Eine lebende Zeitbombe (1982) (tt0639640).nfo.txt
      8.4 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom