[fixed] Server change, data source does not follow. (1 Viewer)

pellegj

Portal Pro
May 7, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
MediaPortal Version: 1.1 RC1
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3wide
Windows Version: Win 7 Pro
CPU Type: Intel Core i7 920
HDD: Kingston SSD V+ 64GB
Memory: 6 GB DDR3
Motherboard: Asus P6T Deluxe V2
Video Card: ASUS Radeon HD 5770
Video Card Driver: 8.681.0.0
Sound Card: Onboard Reltek HD Audio
Sound Card AC3: no AC3
Sound Card Driver: 6.10.2.6585
1. TV Card: TT C-1501
1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
1. TV Card Driver: 5.0.1.8
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: PowerDVD8
MPEG2 Audio Codec: PowerDVD8
h.264 Video Codec: PowerDVD8
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Tele 2
HTPC Case:
Cooling: Many Fans
Power Supply:
Remote: MS MCE
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

After changing TV server in MP Config, the data source does not change with it.
I changed from TV server "tvsrv" to server "dvbc", but the data source does not change on client, it still looks after "tvsrv".
Found the option in Gentle.config, but the user should not have to change it manually i guess.
Code:
2010-02-23 18:54:59.319946 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: Exception   :The database backend (provider SQLServer) could not be reached.
Check the connection string: Password=***;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Initial Catalog=MpTvDb;Data Source=tvsrv\SQLEXPRESS;Connection Timeout=300;

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I have seen something similar, but need to investigate further. I also think it is related to many users' issue on first use after clean install TVPlugin triees to connect to MS SQLServer instead of MySQL (by default MySQL is installed).

pellegj

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    To clear things up a bit from me.
    I run TV Server on Win 7 x86 with MS SQLExpress 2008 on both servers, not MySQL since i had problems with performance with MySQL in the past. But nevermind, the problem still is on the client (Win 7 Pro x64).
    I configured my client to use TVSRV server from Configuration.exe, and ran it like that for a couple of days. I then setup my other server with my DVBC card, and fired up Configuration.exe on the client again and changed the servername to DVBC under "TV->TV Client" in config. That did indeed change the config in MediaPortal.xml, however the database connection in Gentle.config was not updated to reflect the change. So the client tries to connect to TVSRV\SQLEpress instead of DVBC\SQLExpress on startup, but since TVSRV server is offline it wait for 300 seconds and then times out. It then continues to load, and end up with showing me the desktop, like all of MediaPortal client is transparent, i can see everything on my desktop, but cant click anything since MediaPortal still is on top, but not showing anything, i have to kill the MediaPortal process to get access to my desktop again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom