Server / client channel logo location (1 Viewer)

Tim B

Portal Member
December 31, 2017
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I've been working on switching to the server / client setup (TV-Engine), and all is going fairly well so far. I was using standalone with Argus running on another machine, but with Argus demise and it suddenly not getting schedule data, I figured it was time to get rid of it.

I have one question which isn't clear from the documentation: Are channel logos put on the TV-Server machine, or do I have to put them on every client individually? I was hoping TV-Server would serve them out, but it seems that's not the case in my setup.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Are channel logos put on the TV-Server machine, or do I have to put them on every client individually?
    On my HTPC, the channel logos reside in the following folders:

C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\TV\Logos\
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\Radio\

These folders reside on the client, and yes I installed the logos myself :(. I believe that there is an MP plugin/extension that will handle channel logos, but as I have never used it I am not sure what exactly it does. Possibly @Jasmeet_181 can offer some advice?

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Tim B

Portal Member
    December 31, 2017
    Home Country
    Thanks CyberSimian. I know that's where they go on stand alone installs.

I just don't know if I should be able to install them once on the TV-Server (a separate machine) and have them appear on the clients from there. The TV-Server machine isn't a full install, just the server program. The clients are getting their guide / channel info from that machine.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I just don't know if I should be able to install them once on the TV-Server (a separate machine) and have them appear on the clients from there. The TV-Server machine isn't a full install, just the server program. The clients are getting their guide / channel info from that machine.
    It won’t work out of the box, the channel logo is a purely client part. But you can always come up with something, from copying the logo to all clients at boot. Prior to transferring all the thumbnails to the server and creating a Directory Junction link from the server to clients.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I believe that there is an MP plugin/extension that will handle channel logos

Tim B

Portal Member
    December 31, 2017
    Home Country
    Thank you ajs.

I have a copy of Syncovery on the server that does a bunch of backup and sync chores for me. I'll just have to add a job to it to periodically sync a central logos share.

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I believe that there is an MP plugin/extension that will handle channel logos, but as I have never used it I am not sure what exactly it does.
    LogoManager is a client plugin that looks up TV channel and radio station names from the TV-Server and downloads the corresponding logos from a set of online repositories and can then add backgrounds, apply effects and search for updates at a set interval.

@Tim B I can add your channels to LogoManager if they're not already available, I'd need an export file with your TV channels and radio stations to get started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom