Server console - 27-10-2010 - Alpha out now! (1 Viewer)

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Re: Server console (again ;))

Documentation update;
ERD

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

lol whoops :)
fixing it now.

----EDIT----

This should work.
Still lacking sometimes a bit on apache config skills :)
Also just updated phpdoc again, in the progress of rewriting parts of the comments in the code. I want to make more use of phpdoc and it's handy features as the todo overview etc.

maybeme

Portal Member
December 2, 2007
Home Country
Belgium Belgium

Not Found

The requested URL /serverconsole_doc/erd.html was not found on this server.

;-)

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

And whoops again, was updating phpdoc and accidently removed erd.html

---EDIT---

Created a test database for you guys with some content. I hope I can manage to write a simple how to (with sections for each plugin) today and create a sourcefile zip.

---EDIT2---

Already put something (but a wip, need to put in some more time/effort) together for the manual, if you're interested take a look here. Need to revise the ERD since the multiplicity is incorrectly indicated.

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

Another little update cause things have not been progressing as I expected/would have liked;

Had some more crashing equipment which took up some of my time (this time my router which I had configged thru telnet the way I liked it, the only way possible for what I want).
Besides that I kinda ran into snags trying to refactor my "mediacatalogs" plugin (which reads out AMC, SGC, moving pictures etc in a slideshow like fashion) so that it's more generic.
That plugin currently uses a CDN (content distribution network) like structure to offload the large images a little more from my home server / home adsl connection to my fast paid hosting account.
This however will be a little hard to get to go in a generic fashion. I'm thinking about leaving that out for now but it's a significant part of the console.
Besides that I also have to refactor some HTML cause changing the doctype screwed up some stuff in the imageflow jquery plugin.

Now for some good news; I fixed the last IE problems (I think it's running on 6 even, not tested extensively though) I had and refactored all the other code to be more generic.
As you can see from above posts I have been working a bit on documentation although the manual is a little scarce still.

nicx

Portal Pro
February 1, 2006
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Server console (again ;))

hi joz,

could you give us another status update? i cant await the first beta release of your console :)

nicx...

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

Hi nicx,

I am kinda busy, not really been working on it as much as I'd like.

I have figured out the problems with the mediacatalogs plugin and I left out the CDN part for now (although I still use it and it's easy to snap in).
There's one big part remaining, user and menu configuration and it's interface. Already have CRUD for the users but still working on the menu and plugin configuration part. When that's done I have to get back to documenting, which is such a joy, not! :)

When there's decent enough documentation I will release the first alpha to a select few testers that already applied (you too nicx ;)).

bodiroga

Portal Pro
January 1, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain

¡Hi Joz!

Any update on this? It looks amazing!

Thanks and best regards,

Aitor

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom