Server going to sleep whilst playing recorded TV (1 Viewer)

alister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 11, 2010
    Aberdeen
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    My server (MEDIA is system) is going to sleep whilst playing back recorded TV causing the Client (NUC7100) to crash

I scheduled recorded the Andrew Marr Show 10:00 - 11:00 and was watching it play back on the client it crashed MP as the server backend went to sleep. This was during playback of the recording.

From the windows system log

Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
    Date: 17/03/2019 12:12:50
    Event ID: 42
    Task Category: (64)
    Level: Information
    Keywords: (1024),(4)
    User: N/A
    Computer: MEDIA
    Description:
    The system is entering sleep.

Sleep Reason: System Idle

ON NUC7100 I get

[2019-03-17 12:13:19,669] [Log ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Exception: Error: DatabaseUnavailableUnclassified Gentle.Common.GentleException: The database backend (provider MySQL) could not be reached.

Mediaportal client crashes

On Server (Media) application logs

Information 17/03/2019 12:12:50 TV Server 0 None PowerEvent handled successfully by the service.
    Information 17/03/2019 12:14:05 TV Server 0 None PowerEvent handled successfully by the service.
    Information 17/03/2019 12:14:05 TV Server 0 None PowerEvent handled successfully by the service.

The PowerScheduler Plugin in active and in Expert Mode

Network in enabled at 1000 - I didn't think I would need this

Standby is Handled by Windows
    ----
    I haven't activated Win10 as yet - "new" build as I'm rationalising Hardware. This PC will be dedicated to being my TV server

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_17_03_19__12_13.zip
      2.4 MB
    • Media-logs.zip
      108.2 KB

alister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 11, 2010
    Aberdeen
    Home Country
    Have you got this active on *both* Client and Server?

The client is a different PC, would it make a difference? I'll test tonight with Top Gear and find out

I've gone from a single seat to client server so might have missed this

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    The PowerScheduler Plugin in active and in Expert Mode
    I have never used an MP setup with separate client and server systems, so cannot offer any advice from personal experience. However, on looking through the various tabs for the "PowerScheduler" plugin in "TV Server Config", several of those tabs seem to have settings that might control when the server transitions to stand-by state (sleep or hibernation).

As neither of us know how to use "PowerScheduler" for separate client/server setups, why not try the "Plug and Play" mode instead of "Expert" mode? If you look on the "General" tab, you will notice that there are several pre-defined profiles provided, for different sorts of usage. One of these is for a server system. So why not try "Plug and Play" mode with the "Server" profile, just to see how it behaves?

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom