Servioo and BubbleuPNP is great! (2 Viewers)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Recently discovered these two programs, and they work really well.

I've just installed servioo onto my htpc and bubbleupnp onto my android phone (both are free) and I throughly recommend them as an alternative to using MPExtended. (Doesn't work with TV of course).

Servio and bubbleupnp requires very very little setup. Add the media folders in servioo and then click ok. Nothing else to configure in either app. The transcoding works great. Both programs are extremely light weight. Servioo works with both metadata view and folder view. I recommend them if you want to watch movies/series on your tablet/phone and want something that is light weight, stable and easier to install.

-Kiwi

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Serviio is great - I use upnplayer in combination if I use it. But what also is working great is simply using es filexplorer and mx Player - you can browse the files in the LAN and simply play them :)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    yeah that works except for 20gb rips which exceed the transfer rate of the wifi (they need to be transcoded)

Have you tried using the custom codec pack from xda for mxplayer, it adds some extra codec support.

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    kiwi, which profile do you chose for your android phone in the servioo settings? I wonder there are no profiles for phone/tablets....

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    What is it about upnp player that you prefer it to bubble[DOUBLEPOST=1413284137][/DOUBLEPOST]I use generic default profile in serviio with medium quality. In bubble I set it to transcode 720p but I'm not sure if that has any effect.

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    I also use BubbleUPnP, but just with the built-in Windows 7 DLNA server, then again mostly I only use it for audio, there's not much in the way of configuration options for transcoding video, and I don't think it's very good at it.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It sounds like you are using bubble upnp Windows server. Haven't tried that myself (i use servioo as the server), the android client has a lot of options.

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    Me? No, I meant that I use the BubbleUPnP client on my Android devices, not the server. Sorry, my post wasn't at all clear now I read it again. Yes, the BubbleUPnP client is great, it was the Windows built-in DLNA server I was talking about that lacks features, but I wanted to install the minimum amount of extra stuff on my MediaPortal server, so I didn't want to install a third-party DLNA server if I could avoid it.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I see. I didn't want to use wmp bc it always messes with your sh*t. Eg .It replaces the album art with lower quality versions and makes thumbnail files everywhere. I don't key wmp anywhere near my media library :)[DOUBLEPOST=1413290905][/DOUBLEPOST]I feel like serviiois really minimalistic, I too refrain from installing too much software on my hhtpc, I take the less is more approach. I even do a format when I upgrade mepo lol.[DOUBLEPOST=1413291132][/DOUBLEPOST]Too be honest I've never tried the wmp dlna server , although it is on bc I can see it in bubble client.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom