Set Top Box, MC2XML, Tuning Channel not Matching Guide Channel, All Red (1 Viewer)

Homerkit

July 11, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm using a charter STB and an analog CRT.
The Hauppauge 2250 setup is working fine except I can't get any program guide info into MP.
Looked at all the mc2xml posts I could find.
Manually programmed all my Charter STB channels with proper tuning channel names, can't get any channel guide info to load into MP 1.2.3.
The xml files download fine, MP server setup finds the data fine, but no matter how many times I load/refresh and save the info I still get all red boxes.
Restarting MP or rebooting has no effect.
Sorry if I missed the link I need to solve this but after a couple of days of searching I need help!

Attachments

• Xmltv snap.jpg
    Xmltv snap.jpg
    96.3 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi and welcome Homerkit

So they're red because there is no guide channel selected against each of the TV Server channels. Pick any channel, and then in the "guide channel" column attempt to select the corresponding guide channel. If there are no options in there, jump back over to the "general" tab and click "import". Then try the "mappings" tab again. If it is still not working, could you please tell me what message comes up when you hit "import"... and also post your XMLTV file please.

Cheers,
    mm

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I wrote a wiki helpsheet to setup mc2xml and xmltv for USAians, I hope this helps with getting EPG setup and running

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/User:rond/US_EPG_Setup_using_XmlTv_and_mc2xml

I guess I should post a link to this setup guide and my US WebEPG setup guide in the forums. Since this uses mc2xml, should this go in the xmltv forum or the "Other HTPC Applications" forum?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom