Setting episodes to Watched not being sent to Trakt (2 Viewers)

geeky_herman

Portal Member
April 21, 2012
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hi. In the past month or two I've noticed that on the occasions that I need to mark episodes as watched in MP-TVSeries they don't get set to watched in Trakt. I have been using the plugin from the very beginning and never had this problem until recently. The Trakt plugin shows the episode marked as Watched in the dashboard but this does not follow through to Trakt. Scrobbling seems to works fine. I have also just marked a movie as watched and the same problem. I even ran the sync from within the plugin and my movie just got reset back to unwatched and removed from the dashboard even though one of my episodes remained watched despite not being watched in Trakt. Sorry, I'm probably getting confusing :)

Any ideas on why this doesn't just work? According to Extensions I have v5.7 installed (although Trakt Configuration says v6 in the toolbar!?!). Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Could you repeat the test with debug logging enabled and then show me the trakt log.

It might be an API issue that needs to be raised with trakt support.

geeky_herman

Portal Member
    April 21, 2012
    Home Country
    ok. i have marked an episode of the x-files as watched and it isn't showing on the Trakt website right now. Log attached.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks.

So I can see you sent a watched signal (http://api-v2launch.trakt.tv/sync/history) to trakt for X-Files Season 3 episode 14:
    Code:
    {
      "shows": [
       {
         "ids": {
           "slug": null,
           "trakt": null,
           "imdb": "tt0106179",
           "tmdb": null,
           "tvdb": 77398,
           "tvrage": null
         },
         "title": "The X-Files",
         "year": 1993,
         "seasons": [
           {
             "episodes": [
               {
                 "number": 14,
                 "watched_at": "2017-09-21T05:20:43Z"
               }
             ],
             "number": 3
           }
         ]
       }
      ]
    }

The response from trakt was:
    Code:
    {
      "added": {
       "movies": 0,
       "episodes": 0
      },
      "not_found": {
       "movies": [

],
       "shows": [

],
       "seasons": [

],
       "episodes": [

],
       "people": [

]
      }
    }

So it inserted nothing into your watched history. This is a bug with their API or servers and you should detail this at Support & Feedback for Trakt.tv.

In case they ask, the headers from the response was:
    Code:
    Transfer-Encoding: chunked, Connection: close, Cf-Railgun: 81e251fff9 99.99 0.157089 0030 e6be, Vary: Accept-Encoding, X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff, X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN, X-Request-Id: 5457a917-8208-4424-b953-8bc94613c0ce, X-Runtime: 0.153455, X-Xss-Protection: 1; mode=block, CF-RAY: 3a1a93aa14c234fa-LHR, Cache-Control: max-age=0, private, must-revalidate, Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8, Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2017 05:20:42 GMT, ETag: W/"a312be8e3f75c62ac3f8bb1399c782a7", Set-Cookie: __cfduid=daab77f041f02a0e78e5682128673b7121505971242; expires=Fri, 21-Sep-18 05:20:42 GMT; path=/; domain=.trakt.tv; HttpOnly, Server: cloudflare-nginx

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    On the website , how do you logon? By user and password or using Facebook, Google etc?

As a quick test, if you don't logon by username and password can you do that and then try mark something as watched on the website. Then logoff and logon and make sure it persisted.

geeky_herman

Portal Member
    April 21, 2012
    Home Country
    I spend quite a bit of time on the website and have never had an issue setting the watch flag there using any of the date options available.

geeky_herman

Portal Member
    April 21, 2012
    Home Country
    Thanks..I reported the issue and provided a link to this forum thread but haven't had an acknowledgement yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom