Settings not working from menu (1 Viewer)

J.Mahakas

May 19, 2014
Home Country
Viet Nam Viet Nam
Hi.

Tried to look up similar topics with search, but seems that I have an unique situation here.

I'm having some issue with Settings function. I cannot access Settings from Mediaportal menu. Settings is visible but when trying to open, screen flashes and reverts back to "root menu". Settings can be accessed via Mediaportal configuration tool so it appears to be a problem with menu structure. I have pretty basic setup with few addons, but with a quite large collection of media items, so I'm not eager to reset my configuration. If I remember correctly, this problem occurred first time when I updated from earlier version to 1.13.0. Also it doesn't matter if I have default skin or any other skin active.

Where could I start troubleshooting?

I'm using Win10 + MediaPortal 1.14.0.

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    Hi

The problem is that you've disabled the settings plugin. To fix:
    1. Open MediaPortal Configuration.
    2. Go to the "plugins" section.
    3. Select the "settings" plugin within the "window plugins" section.
    4. Click "enable".

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Having used MP1 since 15 years, these epg related problems occuring after a fresh install stumble me. Needed to change a system hdd and decided it was time for a clean install anyway. Other hardware (C2D, 8 Gb ram, no tv cards - IP only) unchanged. Was running an earlier Win10 version with MP 1.24 which had been updated for years...
    Having used MP1 since 15 years, these epg related problems occuring after a fresh install stumble me. Needed to change a system...
    Having used MP1 since 15 years, these epg related problems occuring after a fresh install stumble me. Needed to change a system...
    Replies
    Views
    It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
    It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    1.4.x - Themes: BasicHome, Clear Art's support for Titan, Weather icon on screen, bugfixes and more. -- WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:
    1.4.x - Themes: BasicHome, Clear Art's support for Titan, Weather icon on screen, bugfixes and more. -- WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:
    When I start the Trakt-plugin from the plugin menu I get a black screen and the error "Invalid or missing file:". Yep, that's the...
    Replies
    Views
    Good work guys!
    Good work guys!
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2.1 After the release of MediaPortal 2.2 Final the team focussed on improving usability and...
    Replies
    Views
    Fixed. :) @Developers , @Administrative Someone deleted the imdb_de_ofdb_MP13x.csscript from our server but did not remove it from MovieInfoGrabber_V16.xml (that is the index file).
    Fixed. :) @Developers , @Administrative Someone deleted the imdb_de_ofdb_MP13x.csscript from our server but did not remove it...
    Hi all, No logs yet but I can provide if necessary. From within the Mediaportal Configuration application, clicking the "Update...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom