MP2 - V2.1 Setup Failed 0X80070666 MediaPortal 2.1.3 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucsutah

July 30, 2018
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.1.3

Description
I had an older version installed a long time ago which was version 1.2.3. It originally wasn't fully installed so I installed it with no problems and then I fully uninstalled it. I tried to re-install the previous version and then fully uninstall it and reboot, then I tried to install MediaPortal 2.1.3 and then I get the error message Setup Failed 0x800070666 - Another version of this product is already installed. I also searched the entire registry with all entries of MediaPortal and removed them and still got the message. I tried everything but was unsuccessful.

I attached the log of this installation and the log of the old Media Portal 1.2.3. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Steps to Reproduce:
fully uninstalled old version 1.2.3, reinstalled then uninstalled, and went through the entire registry removing any mediaportal.

Attachments

• MediaPortal_2_20180729222212.log
    10.8 KB
  • uninstall_1.2.3.0_2018-07-29_19-57-23.log
    2.4 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    It looks as if you've installed an older version of Dokan on your system. Error 0x80070666 means "Another version of this program already is installed". According to your logs it seems to be Dokan. Please have a look if you've installed for whatever reason a Dokan version already and try to uninstall it before installing MP 2.1.3 again. Your old MP1 installation is not the reason for this error as MP1 don't use Dokan at all...

ucsutah

July 30, 2018
    Home Country
    Thanks for your reply, I searched my entire hard drive for dokan and only found the logs I installed mp 2.1.3 I also checked the registry and programs and features and there was nothing there. So i downloaded the newest version of dokan and then uninstalled it and then tried to reinstall mp 2.1.3. I don't get the same error anymore but this error. 0x80070643? Attached is the log file.

Attachments

• MediaPortal_2_20180730215703.log
      10.8 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    This error code is more difficult. Normally it means something is wrong with your Windows system. It can be a corrupt download of an update package or similar. In this case again Dokan could not be installed. This can be an issue with Defender AntiVirus (or other AV software) preventing the exe from being executed. Or the download from our server did not work for you. You can try to install Dokan 1.0.5.1000 separately before trying to install MP 2.1.3. If this works, the installation of Dokan will be skipped during MP2 installation.

Nevertheless this should not happen (and normally did not happen) so most likely something is not as it should on your system...

ucsutah

July 30, 2018
    Home Country
    I finally got it to work and installed! Thanks for your excellent support.

Just to help anybody else with this issue i will outline the steps i did to get it solved and thanks to your help for guiding me in the right directions.

Error 0X80070666 is definitely association to Dokan. Do not do what i did by scouring your hard drive, and registry for Dokan. It's not worth it and takes a lot of time. The first thing to do is uninstall it from programs and features if its there. If it's not there then go to dokan website dokan-dev/dokany and install dokan 1.0.5.1000 and then uninstall it. Error 0x80070643 is a simple error to fix, All you have to do is just restart your computer after dokan is uninstalled. The error is basically stating that you can't install without a reboot. Once rebooted then disable antivirus, and reinstall dokan 1.0.5.1000 as an administrator as a single file. Then reinstall MP2 with no problems.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom