setup webEPG for OTA HD in USA (1 Viewer)

Zorba

Portal Member
December 13, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thanks for the reply, but the problem I having is I want to be able to make WebEPG pull for my correct channels. I made the xml file to do this, but now I am not sure how to get WebEPG to use this xml file, I can't find the option in the TV Server configuration program.

Lostintrans

Portal Member
April 21, 2009
Home Country
Hi
I am having the same issue as zorba I think. I upgraded to v1.10 (works great!) but I lost the guide data. i put the old web epg xml file into tvserver\webepg folder but it doesn't seem to work in the plugin config window. The file references a different imdb file than what is listed (www_imdb_com_mod.xml)
My channels are ota and not common. I did this about 6 mos ago for 1.0.2 but can't remember how.

Fixed it. Here is what I did. In the webepg folder (located in c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TVServer) I replaced the channels folder and the webepg xml file with the files I had (fortunately) from old backups mp from v1.0.2. I also replaced the www_imbd_com xml file with a modified one I had from v 1.0.2 as well. MP v1.1 beta is a liitle cleaner for matching channles and epg names and seems to work well now.

altytesty

Portal Pro
December 19, 2009
for OTA, you webEPG is not necessary.

for me, i tried it, and it only automapped 4 channels, so ....

1) just use xmltv plugin and have a schedule run that grabs however many times per week.
2) all this talk about PAYING someone / company for GUIDE INFORMATION???? LOLOL NEVER NEVER ENVER NEVER biggest crock pot ever
3) guide info is transmitted IN THE OTA signal.....
4) you can grab simple guide info with free online guides grabbers
5) if you want me to make a simple GUIDE for this, just lmk and I will, as there is too much propogranda about paying for a scheduling "service" for my taste...

winterescape

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    if you want me to make a simple GUIDE for this, just lmk and I will, as there is too much propogranda about paying for a scheduling "service" for my taste...

Please post a guide, or add detail to the MP wiki on how to set up guide data for US.

My current solution is docummented here...

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/newcomers-forum-240/web-epg-zap2it-zap2xml-70394/#post508886

and here:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...king-free-us-epg-56712/index2.html#post408748

altytesty

Portal Pro
    December 19, 2009
    Actually, I use zap2it as well, will review the stuff you have posted while waiting for a reply related to xmltv.

Would like to let users know how to backup the settings independent of the backupsettings plugin.

To me it is critical to know how to do this as part of the guide, but I'll put it up in a week if I dont hear back at my postl

Looks very similar, I'll make sure its not the same before posting and reply here.

shadowphile

January 20, 2010
    Re: WebEPG working for digital OTA stations in United States using IMDB

I'm still working this out but you are the only US contributor with a working solution I can find. Others just say it doesn't WebEPG doesn't work in US.
    Anyway, I'm stuck on the ID_provider. I can't figure out what to put there. The selection on my webpage (IMDB tv) uses a drop-down menu with word names. Neither page source nor page data reveals anything like a ID_provider field.

thanks

whoops: found the answer, afterward of course. It's in the URL!

Mashenden

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Home Country

casinatorcxc

March 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Re: WebEPG working for digital OTA stations in United States using IMDB

Marc, great help but how do i find siteid's for channels and the cable provider id?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom