[no Bug] setuptv.exe error when updating RC4 to RC5 (1 Viewer)

nicx

Portal Pro
February 1, 2006
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
any hints what i could do now without loosing my settings? is it possible to do a backup without the tvserver configuration application?

nicx...

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    +1 Same error shown above after doing an upgrade installation from RC4 to RC5

Update1: When I open TV-Server it says About - Version 1.0.9.0 and can tune tv channels, etc...

When I open config or the main MP app it gives the popup message:
    TvPlugin and MediaPortal don't have the same version.
    Please update the older component to the same version as the newer
    one.
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0.9.0
    TvPlugin Version: 1.0.8.0
    This seems off as the TV-server is saying 1.0.9.0 and the popup is saying 1.0.8.0 or is the TV-plugin NOT the same as TV-Server??? Where does it obtain the version numbers to perform this check?

How can we help? I also tried to reinstall the TV-server but it recognized RC5 and greyed-out any upgrade options... so just what is the TV-Plugin ???

Update2: Upon further looking I see the TvPlugin.dll in my MediaPortal/Plugins/Windows is File version: 1.0.8.0 created 6/1/2010 2:43 AM and is 368 KB which seems to support the error popup message we've described. I also recall the update installation mentioned updating the TvPlugin which I thought was odd.. sorta expected the deploy to update TV-Server, but that was just an observation as it was 'installing.'

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    any hints what i could do now without loosing my settings? is it possible to do a backup without the tvserver configuration application?

nicx...

uninstall tvserver only with standard uninstall option
    and run installer again
    all tvserver options are stored in SQL
    You dont loose it in this case

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    That worked - I ran the TV-Server UNINSTALL (Standard) and in the uninstall window I saw it deleted the TvPlugin.dll then I reran RC5 install as a single seat using TV and it installed the TV-Server and TvPlugin

Needles

Portal Member
    December 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Same thing happened when I upgraded from RC3 to RC4 so I recovered the system from the image backup I'd taken just prior to the upgrade and then stopped the TVServer service before I ran the installer to do the upgrade again.

With the TVServer service stopped the upgrade worked perfectly.
    Would you be able to go back to your image and do the install without stopping TV service? Would be nice if we could find a test case where we can reproduce this problem as none of the devs were able to replicate this.

As I have multiple incremental images I'll try going back to RC3 prior to upgrade to RC4 and see if it happens again and send the logs. I'll also do the same when I do the RC4 to RC5 upgrade.

Trouble is it'll have to wait till tomorrow (Saturday in OZ) and after I've done the grocery shopping as the "Minister for War" says she has a "Man" cold, and we all know how bad they are! :D

Cheers,

Needles

MLH01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

nicx...

and run installer again

I ended up doing this (uninstalling the TV server/client via the Start menu) and re-running the installation. All works well now with all settings intact :)

To add more information:
    I did not get any errors during the upgrade from RC4 to RC5. After installation, the usual 'MP has been successfully installed' message appeared. I then checked configuration settings. MP config worked fine, but an error box appeared when trying to run TVServer config.

I stopped the TVService service and installed again (in case that was causing the error). All files were already installed, so it did not really do anything more than before.

I then uninstalled TVSever/client (standard uninstall so DB is not affected, as romuz mentioned). Then reinstalled 'fresh' - the 'upgrade' option was not available - and it works well. No loss of data.

Unfortunatley I couldn't provide logs as the other half wanted to watch a recording - WAF was on its way down... :eek:

MLH01.

nicx

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2006
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

nicx...

and run installer again

thanks, that did the trick :)

no i have a full working rc5 installation and i know i was not alone with this problem :)

nicx...

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Exactly the same thing for me (RC3->RC5). Uninstalling and reinstalling TVServer fixed it. Thanks.

Rob

Needles

Portal Member
    December 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Same thing happened when I upgraded from RC3 to RC4 so I recovered the system from the image backup I'd taken just prior to the upgrade and then stopped the TVServer service before I ran the installer to do the upgrade again.

With the TVServer service stopped the upgrade worked perfectly.
    Would you be able to go back to your image and do the install without stopping TV service? Would be nice if we could find a test case where we can reproduce this problem as none of the devs were able to replicate this.

As I have multiple incremental images I'll try going back to RC3 prior to upgrade to RC4 and see if it happens again and send the logs. I'll also do the same when I do the RC4 to RC5 upgrade.

Trouble is it'll have to wait till tomorrow (Saturday in OZ) and after I've done the grocery shopping as the "Minister for War" says she has a "Man" cold, and we all know how bad they are! :D

Cheers,

Needles

OK, went back to image prior to RC4 upgrade and ran the upgrade from RC3 to RC4 and it worked this time with no error. Tried it a second time by putting the image back & using the system for a while and again, no problem with the upgrade so I'm sorry but I can't provide anything for the test team to go on..:confused:

After the above tests I put my most recent image back & did the upgrade from RC4 to RC5 and it worked OK also.

Cheers,

Needles

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom