Should I continue (3 Viewers)

bernd_b

Portal Member
December 19, 2016
Home Country
Germany Germany
So with the setup of post #8 (software of 4.6, driver 4.5.1), the channel scan works perfectly (over 1700 channels were found), but I cannot tune to a station or if the TV lamp in the MP-Skin is on, there is no picture and only broken pieces of sound.

I did a second run and updated the driver to 4.6, which made Astra 19.2 S2 channels appear perfectly, but no SD-Channels or reception from Astra 28.2 channels I tried.

I hope someone can find something in the logs attached.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So with the setup of post #8 (software of 4.6, driver 4.5.1), the channel scan works perfectly (over 1700 channels were found)
    Excellent! So you got the hardware now correctly recognized and configured.

but I cannot tune to a station or if the TV lamp in the MP-Skin is on, there is no picture and only broken pieces of sound.
    Let's try to narrow this down: open The TVServer configuration, go to the Channels section and "preview" one of your standard 19.2 Astra channels, e.g. Das Erste (HD). Does this work? If yes, then the TVServer part is operating as expected.

but no SD-Channels or reception from Astra 28.2 channels I tried.
    Try to run a single transponder scan, e.g. 10714250 kHz 22000H. What does the TVServer screen display?

I hope someone can find something in the logs attached.
    No time for deep analysis now. Suggest that you first run the other tests. Depending on your findings we then keep looking.

bernd_b

Portal Member
    December 19, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    open The TVServer configuration, go to the Channels section and "preview" one of your standard 19.2 Astra channels, e.g. Das Erste (HD). Does this work? If yes, then the TVServer part is operating as expected.

Yes, it took between 15 to 30 seconds and the preview looks ugly, but I think that can be ignored here:

Preview_Das_Erste_HD.jpg

Try to run a single transponder scan, e.g. 10714250 kHz 22000H. What does the TVServer screen display?.
    This will find no channel neither any signal is indicated. I deleted the whole channel list (yes, I have made a backup) and gave 10744000 22000H a chance:
    channelscan_10744000.jpg

I don't understand why it says, that 5 channels were updated on lnb 2. These channels were actually found:

new channels.jpg

The preview in TV Configuration works with all of them.

When I try to tune to one of these channels in MP, I get an empty screen and a "!":
    Tuning_in_MP.jpg

Last edited:

bernd_b

Portal Member
    December 19, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It calls iteself 2x1 Diseqc 2.0 switch. I found these settings with the DVBViewer to be most suitable, but maybe, here lies another problem.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I suggest to try Level1AA instead of simple A and Level1BB instead of simple B.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    in my case (twin LNB with fixed offset) works combination "Level1 AA" and "Level1 AB".
    Yes, two port DiSEqC switches usually work with Level1AB, Level1BA or Level1BB for selecting port 2. Level1BB is the safest choice because it works regardless of whether the switch looks at the OPTION or POSITION bits.

bernd_b

Portal Member
    December 19, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am out of luck here:
    Simple B and Level1AB set let me find channels from Astra28.2. Strangely enough, I don't have success with Level1BB.

In DVBviewer Pro Demo "PosB/ OptA" is working, but not "PostB/ OptB".

bernd_b

Portal Member
    December 19, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So game over up to now for me:
    I repeated the whole procedure:
    1. Fresh install of MP 1.15
    2. Channel Scan on both satellites I am using on a transponder with HD/DVB-S2 and SD/DVB-S

Every channel scan succeeds. I find, e.g.
    a) DasErsteHD, arteHD, (Astra 19.2, DVB-S2)
    b) hr-fernsehen, WDR Köln (Astra 19.2, DVB-S)

c) BBCOneHD, BBCTwoHD
    d) BBC One Scot, BBC One N West

Trying to preview in TV-Server-Configuration, I only succeed with a), b) and d) - no sucess with group c). Upgrading the driver from 4.51 to 4.6 make it worth: I can only tune to group a) (at least most of the time). For the rest I get: Preview failed: no signal detected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom