Should I continue (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Trying to preview in TV-Server-Configuration, I only succeed with a), b) and d) - no sucess with group c).
    Don't use preview for testing. Sometimes it doesn't work (due to codec problems) even though there is no problem with tuning etc. Please use the manual control section for testing time-shifting, or if you want to check video/audio, use MediaPortal.

bernd_b

Portal Member
    December 19, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    O.K,
    this is what I understood:

Before pressing "test timeshift", all of my current 28 channels were checked.
    I made a screeshot what was left after running this test with Drivers 4.6 and (after reboot) 4.5.

4.6:
    Test_4.6.jpg

4.5:
    Test_4.5.jpg

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I made a screeshot what was left after running this test with Drivers 4.6 and (after reboot) 4.5.
    These screenshots are interesting... but I can do nothing with them. If you would like help with this problem, you need to supply the TV Server log files.

bernd_b

Portal Member
    December 19, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I hope attached files will do.
    Session with 4.6 led to a different result as it deselected the HD Channels on Astra 19.2 as well. So the results don't seem reproduceable at any time.

Attachments

• Driver_4.5.zip
      47.4 KB
    • Driver_4.6.zip
      30.1 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I hope attached files will do.
    I think so (y)

It looks like you're doing manual scans and only entering frequency, polarisation and symbol rate from KingOfSat or other. I don't think that will work. If you're going to do a manual scan, you have to enter values for all tuning settings, and you can't use "not set" or "not defined". For this reason I don't recommend manual scans.

I suggest to:
    1. Delete all channels.
    2. Use "update satellite list" to update transponder files for all satellites.
    3. Do a full scan of each satellite.

bernd_b

Portal Member
    December 19, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    To start somewhere,
    I attached the log of the full channel scan of Astra28 with Driver 4.6 and after this the actions of the test timeshift button. I only seem to find/confirm HD channels.
    The second log should have watched me trying to tune to one of these channels in MP - without success I could see or here.

I will continue with Astra 19.2 until someone guide me to do something better.

Attachments

• FullScan-Driver-4.6_Astra28.zip
      181.4 KB

bernd_b

Portal Member
    December 19, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here are the logs of the channel scan of Astra 19.2. I nearly only finds HD-Channels, apart from some Austria-SD-versions of K1-Doku or SAT.1 Gold.
    Tuning with MP works so far, only Sky Sport News HD fails.

Attachments

• FullScan-Driver4.6_Astra19.zip
      440.9 KB

bernd_b

Portal Member
    December 19, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So switching to driver 4.5 seems to solve all problems with Astra19.2 - all channels I know of were found and I can tune them with MP-Client. So if someone stating that Technisat Skystar S2 is working with MP- this must be the setup used due to my tries.

On Astra 28, I am happy with the channel scan as well, but I cannot watch any HD-Channel I tried (no sound, no picture) and the best I can get with SD-Channels is them to be opened in a separate window. So I keep the logs to Astra28 and supply the ones of Astra 19.2 later- if needed.

Attachments

• FullScan-Driver-4.5_Astra28.zip
      745.7 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    From the log files it looks like driver version 4.6 can only lock DVB-S2 transponders and not DVB-S transponders. There are no TV Server errors, so I don't know why this happens. I wonder if the driver has been installed correctly along with the matching version of Sky2PCAVSrc.ax. Remember if you install driver 4.6 then you must also ensure that you install Sky2PCAVSrc.ax version 4.6.

On Astra 28, I am happy with the channel scan as well, but I cannot watch any HD-Channel I tried (no sound, no picture) and the best I can get with SD-Channels is them to be opened in a separate window.
    For the HD channels: maybe the bit-rate of the DVB-S2 transponders on Astra 28 is too high for the tuner.
    Are you able to watch the HD channels in any other program with driver version 4.5?

For the SD channels: the reason they open in a separate window seems to be due to bad settings (maybe you used to use Windows XP?).
    Please:
    1. Open MediaPortal Configuration.
    2. Go to the "codecs and renderer" section.
    3. Go to the "video renderer" tab.
    4. Select "enhanced video renderer (EVR)".
    5. Click OK to close and save.
    Now the SD channels should work.

bernd_b

Portal Member
    December 19, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For the HD channels: maybe the bit-rate of the DVB-S2 transponders on Astra 28 is too high for the tuner.
    Are you able to watch the HD channels in any other program with driver version 4.5?

Under Linux, I can watch the BBC HD channels and Channel 4 HD. Most the time STV/ UTV HD fails and nearly every time all ITVHD channels.
    All of them works with DVBViewer TE-Edition and a Demo of ProgDVB Pro, regardless as far as I notice whether I use driver of version 4.5 or 4.6.

In the DVBViewer Forum someone guessed that this difference in reception experience could derive from DVBViewer using the Hardware PID filters of the card by default. This is maybe not the case with the Linux driver or MediaPortal?!

I will change the video renderer settings back to EVR - I remember I tried to solve my reception problem by changing this settings - without success as we know now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom