[Approved] Show Comskip Markers in Timeline (1 Viewer)

mattjcurry

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 24, 2011
    OK I just tried some things to get the Bug & Feature to merge cleanly together. The only thing I can come up with is that I need to manually merge them together for the sake of the feature.

The feature itsself has to include the bug fix from what I can tell. You can still merge them into 1.3.0 separately, but I need to do a merge of the bug fix into the feature so that I can be sure that you end up with buildable code when you do an automerge no matter what order the two branches get merged into the main code.

arion_p, Maybe I can catch you on IRC tonight and we can talk about it. Thanks for the guidance.

I deleted the test branch. I will also build out the skin files.

Thanks,
    Matt

mattjcurry

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 24, 2011
    I took a stab at it and removed the old FEAT-3853 branch and created a new one that will work with 1.3 and merges cleanly.

I am not sure if this is compliant with how the team wants it done, but the only other way I can do it is if I cherry-pick the individual commits, which I am happy to do, but will take a bit longer. I can understand why arion_p might want me to do it that way so that he can see the individual commits.

mattjcurry

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 24, 2011
    OK, so I cleaned up the branches.

1.) I did a fresh checkout of master.
    2.) I did a merge of BUG-3875-g_player_Always_Returns_False_for_HasChapters_for_TV_Recordings right out of the gates since it is a dependency.
    3.) I manually edited the 3 files that the feature touches again, putting in fresh commits so that it looks clean and does not have all the legacy commits. I also fixed all the spacing issues that I was having from me being lazy and not correctly configuring sharp develop.
    4.) I made the updates to the skin files and checked those in, so you should be able to do a buid, run the nsis installer and test away. No more manual skin edits :)

Please let me know any feedback that you have.

mattjcurry

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 24, 2011
    The underlying bugfix may change a bit after I got some feedback from arion_p, but I can easily make changes to it and then rebase accordingly, so I am not too concerned. I just need to make sure that none of the other devs branch off of my feature branch, which they should not be doing anyway :)

Happy Testing!

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After MP 1.3.0 Alpha get released I think it would be nice for others if you maybe wanna open a thread in Area51 for testing this nice feature. =)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have tested it :) and it works lol
    I see just that F7/F8 didn't works (Preview/Next Chapters).
    Now i need to try to add skin for StreamedMP lol <<<<----- Done :)

Attachments

• Comskip.jpg
      Comskip.jpg
      169.5 KB
    Last edited:

mattjcurry

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 24, 2011
    Hey Seb,

I am not sure why F7 or F9 would have stopped working. It should not have anything to do with my code changes. Are you sure that this is not a bug in 1.3.0 alpha without the patch.

Also, I think that F9 for me shows the info screen and it does in fact work when I last tested it. Do you have a custom mapping?

Matt

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Ok it's seems that : F7/F8 was mapped to Next/Previous Channel for TV :)
    ---------------------------
    2012-06-15 22:33:38.404673 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: TVHome:OnNextChannel() ------>>>>> F8
    2012-06-15 22:33:49.713320 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: TVHome:OnPreviousChannel() ------>>>>> F7

mattjcurry

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 24, 2011
    I pushed a fix for an issue that Seb found where you move from a recording with markers to one that should not have markers but they remain.

Also, I think I have a scaling issue. I am not sure how it is possible because I checked for that when I tested the code, but it looks like I will have to revisit it.

Also, I rebased to the most current master, so you won't be able to just fast forward.

Attachments

• scaling_issue.PNG
      scaling_issue.PNG
      937.8 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom