Shows with 'And' or '&' in title (1 Viewer)

pauls67

Portal Member
March 13, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,
I wonder if there is anyway around a small issue I have (this is with recorded tv)

Shows that use the '&' in a title are shown on my UK epg using 'and', for example Law & Order is shown as Law and Order, as such the scrobbling doesn't recognise the show and it is ignored

Is there any way around this?

Can the metadata for recording be editied?

Thanks

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The best way to scrobble is with an ID but as you already know TV Recordings don't come with those so the exact series name is needed. I don't know with certainty if a recording metadata can be edited, im sure it can as I believe there is an xml file that gets created along side the file. You can try editing that?

Another alternative is use the tvseries plugin to import your recordings and use that assuming you can organise tv episodes into a seperate directory and have valid season/episode numbers (which I assume you do for scrobbling).

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    What I could provide is a means to create an alias for 'Titles' so you can edit that list and the plugin can use that for TV/Recordings/OnlineVideos scrobbling.

pauls67

Portal Member
    March 13, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks for the quick reply

I tried a while back editing the xml file (this was just for season/episode numbers though) and it didn't seem to work, the changes where ignored (probably did it wrong), I will give this another try with the series name and see how it goes

Using the tvseries plugin would work as everything is recorded as a series so they are in their own folder, the only issue with this is I have tv recordings set to auto delete after being watched, would have to test other options (auto delete after XX days etc)

A way to edit the metadata could be very handy, would fix this and could also be useful when the EPG has wrong info

I have a few things to test over next few days (need to wait for another recording of show with the and/& in title), so will see how editing the xml file works

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom