[no Bug] Showstopper bug! Video most of the times wont play! (1 Viewer)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    What if you change the audio renderer to default directsound device, does that make any difference, currently see arcsoft.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    What if you change the audio renderer to default directsound device, does that make any difference, currently see arcsoft.

That seemed to do the trick! I started 10 movies and they all started! Only bug seemes to be that it doesn't start in fullscreen.

Will do some further testing!

:D

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Changing the audio renderer creates massive issues and for the x amount of years been here, never seen a alternative work correctly under all circumstances.

Now lets pinpoint your other problem :)

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thx for the help so far.

I collected a log where I first started a movie in "my video". In this situation, the refresh rate and resolution changes (1080p@23.976hz) and the movie starts in fullscreen. Then I stopped it. Resolution goes back to 720p@50hz and all is well.

After this I start the same movie in Moving Pictures. Resolution changes to 1080p@23.976hz. Video starts but not fullscreen. It's inside MP in that little window. After that I stop playback, resolution changes back to 720p@50hz. (these events also happen in my tv series btw)

Found 3 workarounds:
    - Press the fullscreen button when the movie is started.
    - Check "use device reset" in refresh rate changer. (refresh rate changes first) after which I have to press enter again to start the movie. Major drawback is, that the resolution doesn't change back to 720p@50hz after stopping the movie.
    - Already start MP in 1080p and all is well. Drawback is that i can't read my desktop anymore (too small).

All workarounds are not ideal. It makes it a little bit more complicated for my wife :) And it is a bit annoying.

I didn't have this problem in MP 1.02 and MP1.10 rc1. So it was introduced in RC2.

Any solutions.

Many :D

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Please don't use different resolutions for different refresh rates. MP just doesn't support such and it could trigger all kinds of weird issues (not sure if it is the case this time but still worth to try).

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Please don't use different resolutions for different refresh rates. MP just doesn't support such and it could trigger all kinds of weird issues (not sure if it is the case this time but still worth to try).

I know. You once told me in another tread. But why is it working in the other versions of MediaPortal?

I also tried something else.

I use the arcsoft renderer in MP config. Then in ffdshow audio config I enable stream switcher and in output I use "only xonar formats". That also seems to work. With this I can still use HD bitstreaming.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thx for the help so far.

I collected a log where I first started a movie in "my video". In this situation, the refresh rate and resolution changes (1080p@23.976hz) and the movie starts in fullscreen. Then I stopped it. Resolution goes back to 720p@50hz and all is well.

After this I start the same movie in Moving Pictures. Resolution changes to 1080p@23.976hz. Video starts but not fullscreen. It's inside MP in that little window. After that I stop playback, resolution changes back to 720p@50hz. (these events also happen in my tv series btw)

Found 3 workarounds:
    - Press the fullscreen button when the movie is started.
    - Check "use device reset" in refresh rate changer. (refresh rate changes first) after which I have to press enter again to start the movie. Major drawback is, that the resolution doesn't change back to 720p@50hz after stopping the movie.
    - Already start MP in 1080p and all is well. Drawback is that i can't read my desktop anymore (too small).

All workarounds are not ideal. It makes it a little bit more complicated for my wife :) And it is a bit annoying.

I didn't have this problem in MP 1.02 and MP1.10 rc1. So it was introduced in RC2.

Any solutions.

Many :D

Found a suitable workaround. I changed the DPI scale in vista. Now my desktop is readable in 1080p. Some solutions are so simple! I used this in windows 7 but didn't think about using this in vista.

Now my fullscreen "bug" is gone! So this topic can be closed.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

I know. You once told me in another tread. But why is it working in the other versions of MediaPortal?

I also tried something else.

I use the arcsoft renderer in MP config. Then in ffdshow audio config I enable stream switcher and in output I use "only xonar formats". That also seems to work. With this I can still use HD bitstreaming.

Did some further testing, but still got issues with the arcsoft renderer. Guess I'll stick with default directsound device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom