ShowTimes Plugin Suite V3.4.3 (2017-01-09) (2 Viewers)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I really liked the Show Times plugin and used it pretty much since I switched from WMC to MP1 up until it stopped working:(.
    Over the years my HTPC has suffered a very intermittent problem when putting it to sleep, sometimes it would go into away mode but continue working (like it was recording something) or would appear to go to sleep briefly but after a second or two wake up fully again. I was never able to discover what was causing this, tried all the usual methods, last wake up etc. all showed nothing, and it persisted through OS updates from Win 7 through to Win 11 and even new hardware (mobo and cpu). Recently I figured we are never going to get a fix for Show times and decided to uninstall the plugin however after doing so I started gettting MTSA error messages displayed on screen when viewing TV, seems the uninstall does not completely get rid of all the plugin's components so deleted the MTSA folder the 2 .dlls and the folder in Program Data and the error messages stopped.
    Not only that but the intermittent sleep problem has also stopped, not a single failure since clearing out Show Times (over a 2 weeks now):):)(y):).

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,
    Weird because, I don't have this plugin but, the sleep problem is here. :eek:
    I believe the problem is caused by anything that continues running and or does not get shut down properly. In my case it was most likely the MTSA component of the Show Times plugin though I could never prove it. When it occurred it was quite persistent and only closing MP1 and restarting it would reliably fix it till the next time, is that also the same in your case?

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    is that also the same in your case?
    Yep, checked all, debug logs to see where could be the problem, without success, really anoying.
    What could be interesting, will be to install MP only, without 3rd plugins (TV-Series, movpics....) and, try to disable all not necessary integrated plugin (dvd shortcut., reorganize musicDB..).
    To see if not this bad behaviour therefore, I have not the time for that. :(

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What could be interesting, will be to install MP only, without 3rd plugins (TV-Series, movpics....)
    I have both those installed plus Online Vids, Radio Time, World Weather (which does not seem to be updating) and a few others so it looks like they are OK.

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have World Weather (which does not seem to be updating) and a few others so it looks like they are OK.
    Ah, could be weather.
    Just disabled it and infoservice.
    Will check if they are culprit.
    For me restart MP is not enough sometimes, I need to restart Windows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom