Shuttering pic. when looking at TV (2 Viewers)

bigal

Portal Pro
September 18, 2005
Gothenburg
Finally the Twinhan DVB-C card works, it was a bad driver that Twinhan now has fixed. Autotune works and finds every channel.

When I do the search the quality and strenght is between 95-100% (Media Portal)
When I look thru MP the picture is shuttering, even the radio shutters
Looking thru TwinhanDTV (their own app.) the TV works fine.

Witch codecs should I use for the best result?
even though Twinhan DTV uses its own drivers and MP uses BDA that qulity and strenght must be the only hardware related problems and the doesn't excist here.

At a first look it seems to be shuttering when the computer 'thinks' but that is not allways the case.

Another Guy has this card working fine, so codecs and settings most be the problem?

/BigAl

rolfkunst

Portal Member
October 25, 2005
Netherlands
Area: Media Portal Program
MP Version: MP 0.2.0 RC2
Skin: Blue-Two
Windows Version: Windows MCE 2005 Complete updated
CPU Type: Intel P4 1700Mhz
Memory: 768MB SDRAM PC133
Motherboard Chipset: ASUS P4S533MX with SiS 651
Video Card: ATI Radeon 9200SE
Video Card Driver: Latest OMEGA Drivers
Video Card Resolution: 800x600
Video Render Type: VMR9
Video Codec Type & Version: GPL MPEG 1/2 Decoder
Audio Codec Type & Version: ffdshow
TV Card: Twinhan DTV-S CI
TV Card Type: DVB-S
TV Card Driver: BDA Driver v1.2.3.0

Same problems for me, even in recording, the shuttering is there. I downloaded a different decoder, and with that one, it is a little better. It is called GPL MPEG 1/2 Decoder:

http://www.free-codecs.com/GPL_MPEG-1_2_DirectShow_Decoder_Filter_download.htm

But does anyone knows what the deinterlacing does? None, Bob, Weave, Best. And what the difference is between those?

bigal

Portal Pro
September 18, 2005
Gothenburg
The codec handles the shuttering more firm so it is more gentle to the eyes but it ain't good at all

can it be something with the driver, that isn't good enough? so it can't handle it without shuttering...?

any other codecs?

I think that is it before the codecs come to use that the error is...

/BigAl

Parmenion

December 11, 2005
I have had the same probem with a Twinhan DVB-T card.

I had to reinstall an old version of the drivers (1.2.1.9)
I have tested with 1.2.2.7, 1.2.2.9 and 1.2.3.0 and they all sutter and flicker.
Twinhan seems to have broken something in their driver and only 1.2.1.9 drivers playback smoothly.

Performance settings in the bios can affect this as well. My motherboard has various options for "top performance" or "optimized defaults". Different versions of the driver work well with different bios settings.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I don't know if this is relevant to your particular problem, but make sure that the option "Grab EPG from DVB" is unchecked in MediaPortal Setup\Television\Program Guide.

I found that this made a noticable difference, probably because we don't have EPG data available in the DVB program streams in Australia....

bigal

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2005
    Gothenburg
    Taipan said:
    I don't know if this is relevant to your particular problem, but make sure that the option "Grab EPG from DVB" is unchecked in MediaPortal Setup\Television\Program Guide.

Yes I tried that for a while too, and it make differents but it is still shuttering

I can't make driver-change cause this is the only driver that Twinhan DVB-C works with

/BigAl

first407

Portal Member
    November 9, 2005
    Norway
    Happy new year!

I have also the same problem using Twinhan DVB-S and BDA driver 1.2.2.0, but I have tried different versions. I have also tried all the tricks at this forum I think; Changing codecs, PCI Latency, etc. The flickering has become more seldom, but it is still there and is very irritating.

I have had the theory that the cause could be my Conax card, but now when I hear that I am not alone about this problem, I doubt that too.

My wife and I will be very thankful if someone can give us a solution on this.

Nefius

Portal Pro
    December 15, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Same here with an Hauppage 150MCE.
    When you autoscan for channels, the pictures are clear and good, but as soon when you go to mytv.. the stuttering begins..
    Weird problem

cribbafix

December 10, 2005
    Twinhan CAB-CI here and exactly the same problem.

Some codecs handles better than the other but the the mosta stable picture i've achieved is still unwatchable.

TwinhanDTV (bundled app) and DVBViewer works fine. They use bundled drivers.

I suspect this could still be BDA-Driver related.

rolfkunst

Portal Member
    October 25, 2005
    Netherlands
    cribbafix said:
    Twinhan CAB-CI here and exactly the same problem.

Some codecs handles better than the other but the the mosta stable picture i've achieved is still unwatchable.

TwinhanDTV (bundled app) and DVBViewer works fine. They use bundled drivers.

I suspect this could still be BDA-Driver related.

Have you tried other drivers? such as 1.2.2.9? Or 1.2.2.8?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom