Sigma Designs Xcard support (1 Viewer)

Bascombe

Portal Member
July 19, 2005
Just to wanted to keep this thread bubbling away! htpc2good4u, any joy with that xcard plugin yet? Be marvellous if you could find the time to have a stab at it - I'm sure there's a significant number of xcard users out there that would appreciate it!

Cheers,

Bascombe

bobxxx

January 10, 2006
XCard and Sweetspot support...please

I have built an MCE based machine because the interface and hardware support was the best available at the time.
The reasons for building a HTPC are 1) Ultimate image and sound potential 2) Multiple sources in one box accessed by a user friendly interface.
The HTPC is intended to supply an RGB scart switcher along with other sources that cannot be supplied by the PC (VHS for the wife's B&W movies, Sky, etc..).
RGB is the highest video quality available (in digital format on DVI or analog on VGA or SCART) Unfortunately the Scart switcher does not accept VGA or DVI which would need conversion for the sync signals anyway.
I haven't found a video card that outputs on scart cable. The XCard does, and it doesn't have overscan/underscan problems for PAL either. A significant positive for this card is its ability to interface digitally using a PDI connector to a Sweetspot capture card that can accept RGsB (as in SCART RGB) or YPrPb component inputs. This would massively increase the HTPC ability to record top quality video from external feeds.
MCE does not support either the Sweetspot or the XCard.
I don't use Media Portal..yet. From what I have seen the interface looks better than MCE and has much more add-ons that go someway to justifying my expensive HTPC build.

Putting the PC together was difficult enough, I don't want to solder up scart leads from VGA connectors (how do you get the sync voltage correct anyway?).

I add my request to get Media Portal Xcard friendly. When it is, I'm dumping my MCE interface and jumping on board the MP wagon.. :D

H

htpc2good4u

Wow...I had completely forgot about this thread...lol.

I haven't had any time to even start on the plugin...been way too busy with work. I'll see if I can add it to my to-do list...but I make no promises. Hopefully, I'll post a bit more often than 5-6 months at a time...lol.

tompaswe

Portal Member
January 16, 2006
Åsljunga
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Is there anything new on this plugin?
Would be very nice to have a nice output to a crt tv.

I have soldering the rgbcabel but was not happy enough with the result...
Maybe theres some new good card out now i don't know about or do you all have plasmatvs?

/Thomas

doodlebug

March 31, 2006
XCARD WORKS FOR ME ON RC3

:) i JUST INSTALLED the latest release , installed the standard xcard driver and application , selected the xcard codec for video and audio .
Hey output on VGA full screen and component no problem to my 27 lcd looks great but I have not tried the overlay for the menu's etc
Give it a go ????
Oh and noy sync problems all loks good

xp sp2
David

Yucca

Portal Pro
August 12, 2006
Myrskylä
Home Country
Finland Finland
I agree with Morten. Sigma XCard is definetly the best decoder for PC. I use MP at my MCPC but the picture quality is not so good even at the VGA output. I use Sanyo PLV-Z4 Projector in my living room and the totally best quality output resolution I get with Sigma XCard... I HOPE that you´ll try to support it...

Bascombe

Portal Member
July 19, 2005
Have managed to get output from tvcard via xcard using mp, but not dvds. No overlays are visible on tv (over rgb scart). Is there still any hope of getting full integration of the xcard (including the remote)??? I know its becoming an increasingly irrelevant piece of hardware, what with hd tvs and modern graphic cards, but for standard def its still great.

Cheers

Yucca

Portal Pro
August 12, 2006
Myrskylä
Home Country
Finland Finland
I wonder if this issue is still at the table???

Well lets see, I try to keep the post alive and keep wishing the Sigma Designs Xcard support for MediaPortal...

This is absolutely a good way to make few new happy users.

MediaPortal is ALLREADY impressive project but supporting XCard you will be makeing a totally new level with the picture quality...

(And I wonder why the TVServer writers haven´t realized this possibulity. This could be a good way to take prosessing levels down in server?)

Keeping "hope" alive and during that, let´s make MP better... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom