Sigma Designs Xcard support (1 Viewer)

civil78

February 8, 2007
Home Country
Greece Greece
Unfortunately after a lot of search, I don't think that the coders can do that. To use the XCard you need the API of Drivers. Sigma Designs gives this API after a request. I show in a post in another site that MediaPortal Team asks about this API and it takes it. But I have been past over one year and nothing it's happen.

XCard provides the best tvout quality, this is sure, and I think that’s a good option for new and exist users that they want a good analogue tvout.

I hope the Coders change their mind and give as this capability.

Thanks

Bascombe

Portal Member
July 19, 2005
It would be great. For those who havent made the leap to an HD display yet, the xcard really does give a great quality picture. I have been using it with TVedia, unfortunately the new version of this software no longer supports pvr, and the old version (which did support it) doesnt support bda drivers and lacks somewhat in terms of design and features (its still great software tho!). The makers of TVedia have promised support to the user community should anyone want to make a plugin which affords some kind of pvr functionality, but no-one is biting so far. So were mediaportal to take on full integration of the xcard, it would be an ideal solution for your crt loving users!

Please give some further consideration to this.

Cheers,

Bascombe

MPM

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Have managed to get output from tvcard via xcard using mp, but not dvds. No overlays are visible on tv (over rgb scart). Is there still any hope of getting full integration of the xcard (including the remote)??? I know its becoming an increasingly irrelevant piece of hardware, what with hd tvs and modern graphic cards, but for standard def its still great.

Bascombe,

How exactly did you manage to get output via xcard using mp? Cannot see that info in the thread...

Thanks,
    MPM

Yucca

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2006
    Myrskylä
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Have managed to get output from tvcard via xcard using mp, but not dvds. No overlays are visible on tv (over rgb scart). Is there still any hope of getting full integration of the xcard (including the remote)??? I know its becoming an increasingly irrelevant piece of hardware, what with hd tvs and modern graphic cards, but for standard def its still great.

Bascombe,

How exactly did you manage to get output via xcard using mp? Cannot see that info in the thread...

Thanks,
    MPM

U can find XCard from MP configuration. The place where u select codec for tv or movie files...
    It plays the video thru XCard if the correct "codec" is selected. Problem is that MP interface is still working only thru VGA... :)

Bascombe

Portal Member
    July 19, 2005
    Having spent the last couple of hours monkeying around with mediaportal, I'm more keen than ever to start moving towards using it. The addition of the screen selector function was the thing that piqued my interest - the ability to have mediaportal running full screen on one monitor while the pc is used for other things is kind of an essential feature for me. So, I duly broke out my old svideo cable and hooked up the radeon 9600 to my tv, and was up and running in no time. The interface itself looks great, but one of the things I've always found most appealing about mediaportal was the sophistication of the tv functionality. In comparison, tvedia 3.5 looks quite primitive, with a damn ugly epg. But until such time as I can afford a new telly (and perhaps even then, for a time), use of the xcard remains a must. The difference in picture quality between it, and video over svideo from the radeon is very noticeable. So, I'm bumping this thread once again (*bump*), in the hope that there's still some room to consider fully supporting the xcard. I'm sure there are still many folk out there using it, and with full integration of it mediaportal could take one more step along the road to being the ultimate htpc software.

So please, pretty please, with sugar and a quad core athlon on top, support the xcard fully!

Cheers,

Bascombe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom