Silent wma and mp3 tracks (1 Viewer)

Okno

November 6, 2015
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
I have just installed MP2 on a W7 Pro x64 SP1 computer to test it out before deciding whether to upgrade to W10; when I do, my wish is to stay with an application still being further developed (MP2) rather than with one already time-expired (Windows Media Center) even though it works perfectly and a W10 hack exists from what I have found.

First impressions are broadly good as TV/PVR is my main interest (no problems so far) but I have one problem that I have not been able to fix by looking in Settings and for which I cannot find a solution online.

If I play video content I see the picture and hear the audio tracks. Perfect.
If I play music (wma and mp3 tried so far) I hear nothing. Silence. All I get is the track information and a thumbnail displayed. (Edited to add I now know this is because the music doesn't even start to play: the Audio pop-up box has a pause and stop button but that is it)

What is the likely cause that I need to fix, please?

Thank you,
Okno

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If I play music (wma and mp3 tried so far) I hear nothing. Silence.
    The audio player uses the "Default Direct Sound Device" as output, unless you have changed this. So if you have multiple output devices (i.e. speaker + HDMI), it could be that the wrong device is used.

You can change the device under settings->players->audio player->configure output device
    upload_2015-11-6_14-51-13.png

For a higher quality output you might also consider to use WASAPI. which also allows bitstreaming.

Okno

November 6, 2015
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Thank you, Both - especially morpheus_xx who nailed it. :)

Now to find out why I can't fast forward or rewind with either the mouse and keyboard or the remote control.

Cheers!
    Okno

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom