Silverstone SST-LC10 (2 Viewers)

fathead

Portal Pro
March 17, 2005
I've noticed there are two versions of this case, one with VFD & one without. Is the VFD worth the extra £60+?? I've searched and search & this seems like the only case that can hold my power house HTPC setup:

SilverStone SST-LC10/M all fans changed for Silenx (I already own them so might as well use them).
Enermax Noisetaker (Or similar quieter PSU).
DFI Ultra-D Nforce 4 Motherboard (Dual Gb Lan, 3Gb SATA, Karajan Audio Theater 7.1/8ch supported SPDIF IN/OUT)
NEC 3520A DVDRW
2Gb Geil Value Ram (4x512Mb Cas2.5)
Athlon64 Winchester 3200+
ThermalRight XP-120 with Silenx 120mm 14dba
3 x Seagate 300Gb SATA Drives
Sapphire Radeon X800XL (Arctic Cooling Silencer)
Hauppage Nova-T PCI freeview TV card
Safecom 802.11G PCI WIFI card

P

Panther

fathead said:
I've noticed there are two versions of this case, one with VFD & one without. Is the VFD worth the extra £60+??
I've ordered mine with the VFD. Don't forget that it also comes with the IR remote and receiver. It's nice since it has the infrared receiver built into it.

P

pako

its a nice case and the silenx fans are needed the supplied ones are fairly noisy..my set up is similar and i use the silverstone fanless cooler on the cpu it works quite well..my system is p4 based..but i love the case and i see there is a new developement pack for the imon vfd which is the one fitted so maybe soon it will display mp info.
cheers
pako

fathead

Portal Pro
March 17, 2005
Panther said:
fathead said:
I've noticed there are two versions of this case, one with VFD & one without. Is the VFD worth the extra £60+??
I've ordered mine with the VFD. Don't forget that it also comes with the IR remote and receiver. It's nice since it has the infrared receiver built into it.

Well this is one of te questions I had also. I want to use as few remotes as possible. What does this remote do? Will I still require my Hauppage remote?

Schrauber

Portal Pro
April 22, 2004
Germany
The Remote of the Silverstone is completely configurable. So you can set it up as you need. You dont need the one from Hauppauge. The Silverstone remote can control any application you want. You can configure different setups for every app you use.

fathead

Portal Pro
March 17, 2005
Schrauber said:
The Remote of the Silverstone is completely configurable. So you can set it up as you need. You dont need the one from Hauppauge. The Silverstone remote can control any application you want. You can configure different setups for every app you use.

Fan'bloody'tastic!! Thats great news, and makse the extra £60 well worth it. :wink:

irrotational

Portal Member
May 17, 2005
My LC-10 arrived this morning!

Could you pm me with your remote configuration? It would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

I will also aim to do some kind of write-up for here on how i got on...

current specs:-

amd 3.2 athlon winchester
zaman 7700 coler
2 samsung spinpoints
1 IBM notebook drive
q-technology "silent" 400w psu has 120m fan will wat and see how quiet
2 black gold tuners
:?:

fathead

Portal Pro
March 17, 2005
Let me know how you get on with that PSU. I avoided the QTEC's as the claim of silence I experienced was utter rubbish. I've spent some time hunting around finding decent PSU's, and recently bought a Nexus 4090 Real silent PSU. Truely is very very quiet, as low as 16-18dba.

fathead

Portal Pro
March 17, 2005
pako said:
its a nice case and the silenx fans are needed the supplied ones are fairly noisy..my set up is similar and i use the silverstone fanless cooler on the cpu it works quite well..my system is p4 based..but i love the case and i see there is a new developement pack for the imon vfd which is the one fitted so maybe soon it will display mp info.
cheers
pako

Whats the fanless cooler like?? Really interested in that. Does it hook up to the rear of the case?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom