[solved] Single push of HID remote channel up/down button jumps several channels (1 Viewer)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is this still an issue?

Not yet, just wanted to know if you could see anything weird in my logs before I alter the default state of the key assignments.
    In your logs it seems channel increment/decrement keeps repeating.

Thanks, did you try disabling repeat for your channel keys?
    Did you try that?

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Stephane,

thanks for your attention. Yes, I tried it but it does not work.

But I have built a new HTPC (HTPC 2 in my system specs) running MP 1.14 and it does not have this problem. The old one (HTPC 1) will get a fresh Windows 10 and MP 1.14 install when HTPC 2 has proven it is running well. Then I hope to have the issue resolved as well. In the meantime we will live with the problem.

Cheers

Blue Max

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have built a new HTPC (HTPC 2 in my system specs) running MP 1.14 and it does not have this problem.
    Contact bounce in the remote can cause what seems to be repeated button presses. Windows has a registry setting that controls Windows debounce processing. Have you (or some software that you are using or have used in the past) disabled debounce processing? Debounce is enabled by default in a fresh install of Windows. The following registry file will enable debounce processing:

enable_debounce.reg
    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidIr\Remotes\745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da]
    "EnableDebounce"=dword:00000001

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thanks for your attention. Yes, I tried it but it does not work.

That does not make much sense. If repeats are disabled from the XML it should not repeat really.

The old one (HTPC 1) will get a fresh Windows 10 and MP 1.14 install when HTPC 2 has proven it is running well. Then I hope to have the issue resolved as well. In the meantime we will live with the problem.

Alright then I'll mark this thread as solved. If you face that problem again or another one and want us to try get it fixed please open a new thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom