Skin engine enhancements (themes, guide colors, skin functions, weather settings...) (3 Viewers)

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Skin engine enhancements (themes, guide colors, skin functions, weather settings.

Yeah, a example would be nice. Maybe I will try tomorrow to create my own guide.xml
    But it would be really cool to extend this Feature to show which channels are on the same Transponder :)
    Maybe a number or another symbol to indicate that
    Any suggestions? Good or Bad idea? :)

ajp8164

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: AW: Skin engine enhancements (themes, guide colors, skin functions, weather setti

Hi Andy

I would appreciate if you could provide an example xml that works. I can't seem to get the colors to work. I get new look in guide but no colors.
    I would also like to see the example done on the skin "Avalon" xml (but that is just my personal opinion).
    (i have tried you're build on different skins and some skins are broken(in guide), but others still show as always.)

But i must say that this feature has been missing for a very long time. Thanks for the work.

Regards
    Jacob

I use Avalon as well so I'll be happy to enable genre coloring on it. I'll have a run at this sometime this week.
    :D

ajp8164

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Skin engine enhancements (themes, guide colors, skin functions, weather setti

Yeah, a example would be nice. Maybe I will try tomorrow to create my own guide.xml
    But it would be really cool to extend this Feature to show which channels are on the same Transponder :)
    Maybe a number or another symbol to indicate that
    Any suggestions? Good or Bad idea? :)

Would be happy to look at this down the road... I've got so many enhancements in the air at the moment; I need to focus on getting them tested and committed for 1.3 alpha :)

ajp8164

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Home Country

Could you compile a new version based on 1.22? :)

I would like to but I'm still unclear about how to merge between branches with git; I don't want to pollute my feature branch mistakenly (already did that once and had to quickly recover)..

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Could you compile a new version based on 1.22? :)

I would like to but I'm still unclear about how to merge between branches with git; I don't want to pollute my feature branch mistakenly (already did that once and had to quickly recover)..

Once 1.2.2 content (==fixes) have been merged to master (if they haven't already) then it is possible to have almost 1.2.2 + skin engine enchaments build after Andy merges the master to his feature branch - some ohter feature could be completed and merged to master. Code will always flow from the master to the feature or bug fix branhes, there wont be exceptions to that as it will just create much more complex repository workflows (it could easialy double the branch amount).

In short We aren't going to have feature branches based on some real releases (1.2.2, 1.2.3, 1.3.0 etc.). If such is wanted then what would need to be done is to create a fork from MediaPortal 1 GitHub repository and then to create the non-standard branch in there.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Skin engine enhancements (themes, guide colors, skin functions, weather settings.

I've updated to your newest version:
    -- TvGuide still works
    -- in Pictures the Coverflow works
    -- in Plugins the Buttons seems to work

-- Skin PureVisions doesn't work anymore (Guide doen't work, settings doesn't work...)

ajp8164

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Home Country

I've updated to your newest version:
    -- TvGuide still works
    -- in Pictures the Coverflow works
    -- in Plugins the Buttons seems to work

-- Skin PureVisions doesn't work anymore (Guide doen't work, settings doesn't work...)

Skins must be updated to work with this branch (1.3). Please see 1.2.0 to 1.3.0 - MediaPortal Wiki for a complete list of changes and the changes that require the skin to be updated. As part of testing I would please ask that you upgrade your PureVision skin per the instructions on the wiki. It will be a good test of the accuracy/understandability of the wiki doc for skinners. Please report any problems with the skin update process.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: Skin engine enhancements (themes, guide colors, skin functions, weather settings.

Hi Andy,

Any progress on getting a 1.2.2 version + Avalon skin files? If you can do this, I will be happy to run it on a production system (server + 2 clients) to get some heavy testing done!

Best wishes,

Mark

ajp8164

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Home Country
    Re: Skin engine enhancements (themes, guide colors, skin functions, weather settings.

Hi Andy,

Any progress on getting a 1.2.2 version + Avalon skin files? If you can do this, I will be happy to run it on a production system (server + 2 clients) to get some heavy testing done!

Best wishes,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Don't have Avalon colorized EPG skins yet but the build that is posted includes all changes committed to the master. AFAIK the master includes all the 1.2.2 changes even though the version info is 1.2.0. This is my understanding of how we manage branches. Maybe someone can confirm.

I'll work on some Avalon skin xml for a colorized EPG and make them available on this thread as a download for testing.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Hi Andy,

Best wishes,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Don't have Avalon colorized EPG skins yet but the build that is posted includes all changes committed to the master. AFAIK the master includes all the 1.2.2 changes even though the version info is 1.2.0. This is my understanding of how we manage branches. Maybe someone can confirm.

I'll work on some Avalon skin xml for a colorized EPG and make them available on this thread as a download for testing.

Are any other changes needed to make the Avalon skin compatible, or have you managed the almost impossible and made all these changes backwards compatible?

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom