Skin engine enhancements (themes, guide colors, skin functions, weather settings...) (2 Viewers)

ajp8164

Portal Pro
January 9, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: Skin engine enhancements (themes, guide colors, skin functions, weather settings.

Are any other changes needed to make the Avalon skin compatible, or have you managed the almost impossible and made all these changes backwards compatible?

Mark

Hi Mark,

There are two areas that need addressing: EPG and every instance of View By and Sort By buttons (plus one or two more). I have a copy of Avalon 1.0 with this done though it does not enable colorized EPG (not required) yet. I'll post that tonight when I have a few more mins to work ;-)

ajp8164

Portal Pro
January 9, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Home Country
Re: Skin engine enhancements (themes, guide colors, skin functions, weather settings.

Hi testers!

Below is a link to the Avalon 1.0.0.0 skin updated to work with a build of FEAT-3779 branch. To use this skin distribution you must first install the normal distribution of the Avalon skin (this will install dlls that are required for the skin to work). You may then copy this test distribution to your skin directory and either replace the normal distribution or rename this distribution to Avalon-test (or something).

Important: In the linked zip file there is a Readme.txt that has a full set of instructions to get setup.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2766268/Avalon%20for%20FEAT-3779.zip

The attached screenshot shows what your colored guide should look like. I also updated the wiki doc for tvguide colors.

Hope ya'll like it ;-)

UPDATED: to 2012-01-05 rev A

Attachments

• tvguide-colors.png
    tvguide-colors.png
    687.5 KB

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Hi,

Regarding genre colouring in the EPG, is there a setting to turn this off for the end user? I can easily imagine a situation where a skin uses this but I (or more likely my wife) doesn't want it (harder to tell what is scheduled for recording), so I might want to over-ride the skin setting.

I will start testing!

Best wishes,

Mark

JacobJust

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Hi Andy

Thanks for you're work. It looks very good.

But it seems that each time Mediaportal is closed i have to enable the "Colored TV Guide" under settings again.

Is there a way to remember this setting or is it a bug ?

Thanks

Workaround: Did an edit in SkinSettings.xml and changed "default skin" value with "Colored TV GUide" value and now it starts with correct color guide.

ajp8164

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Home Country

Hi Andy

Thanks for you're work. It looks very good.

But it seems that each time Mediaportal is closed i have to enable the "Colored TV Guide" under settings again.

Is there a way to remember this setting or is it a bug ?

Thanks

That would be a bug... but I can't seem to recreate it. Does it happen consistently? Can you post steps that reproduce this problem?

There are two settings files to check; MediaPortal.xml (tvguide section), and SkinSettings.xml in the Avalon skin directory (the theme should be set to Colored TV Guide).

ajp8164

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Home Country

Hi,

Regarding genre colouring in the EPG, is there a setting to turn this off for the end user? I can easily imagine a situation where a skin uses this but I (or more likely my wife) doesn't want it (harder to tell what is scheduled for recording), so I might want to over-ride the skin setting.

I will start testing!

Best wishes,

Mark

I know. I consider this a bug so I'll make some changes and add end user controls to be able to turn on and off from MP GUI. Would you concur that this is a bug (incomplete feature)?

ajp8164

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Home Country

A note about the Avalon test skin...

This is not a final version of the skin. The enabling of TV guide colors is very preliminary and will change (since it's a poor implementation). However, I won't make any more changes to improve it until I can get a branch put together that exposes several other features I am working on that will make it very easy to implement a professional switch from colored to not colored. Features that are coming and that matter include:

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country

Hi,

When I switch to this branch in GIT, and do a 'pull' I am warned about conflicts. Please see the attached screenshot.

Do we have an installer that has the 1.2.2 fixes included? I guess this is where the conflict is?

Thanks,

Mark

Attachments

• 3779.JPG
      3779.JPG
      83.5 KB

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country

Hi,

Okay, so I installed from here

http://s282962534.online.de/MediaPo...branch) for TESTING ONLY_2012-01-05-21-31.exe

I don't see any coloring in the EPG (see screenshot). This could be down to the way EPG genres are handled in the UK (freeview). For example, genres are shown as 'sports (general)', 'movie/drama (general)', etc.

Is 'general' over-riding everthing else?

Also, the button to switch channel groups does not seem to be activated in Avalon (I am using your modified skin files of course). Actually it works, but there is no visible indication until the menu appears.

I will test now with the default skin.

Edit: I can't test with the defaultwide skin based on this install, because the settings options are not there, and the TV guide does not open correctly. Screenshot attached. Same applies for default (non-wide).

Mark

Attachments

• coloredEPG.JPG
      coloredEPG.JPG
      206.5 KB
    • coloredEPGdefaultwide.JPG
      coloredEPGdefaultwide.JPG
      91.4 KB

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

I'm also testing avalon skin with colour genres. Here is my configuration:

Code:
      <section name="genremap">
        <entry name="genrenames">Telefilm,Bambini,Movie,Musica,News,Altri,Documentari,Sport</entry>
        <entry name="specifympaaratedasmovie">no</entry>
        <entry name="Telefilm">Intrattenimento - Fiction</entry>
        <entry name="Bambini">Ragazzi e Musica - Cartoni Animati</entry>
        <entry name="Movie">Film - Commedia,Film - Azione,Film - Drammatico,Film - Fantastico,Film - Thriller</entry>
        <entry name="Musica">Ragazzi e Musica - Musica</entry>
        <entry name="News">Informazione - Notiziario,Informazione - Sport</entry>
        <entry name="Altri">Altri,Altri Programmi,Intrattenimento - Show,Intrattenimento - Quiz</entry>
        <entry name="Documentari">Mondo e Tendenze - Viaggi,Mondo e Tendenze - Lifestyle,Mondo e Tendenze - Natura,Mondo e Tendenze - Documentario</entry>
        <entry name="Sport">Sport - Calcio,Sport - Tennis</entry>
      </section>
      <section name="tvguidecolors">
        <entry name="guidecolorchannelbutton">ff0e517b</entry>
        <entry name="guidecolorchannelbuttonselected">Green</entry>
        <entry name="guidecolorprogramselected">Green</entry>
        <entry name="guidecolorprogramended">Gray</entry>
        <entry name="guidecolorborderhighlight">99ffffff</entry>
        <entry name="defaultgenre">ff1d355b,ff0e517b</entry>
        <entry name="Telefilm">Chocolate,Chocolate</entry>
        <entry name="Bambini">Aqua,Aqua</entry>
        <entry name="Movie">Purple,Purple</entry>
        <entry name="Musica">Maroon,Maroon</entry>
        <entry name="News">LightGreen,LightGreen</entry>
        <entry name="Altri">ff1d355b,ff0e517b</entry>
        <entry name="Documentari">Gold,Gold</entry>
        <entry name="Sport">DarkGreen,DarkGreen</entry>
      </section>

coloring works for news, for instance, but not for sport (where I have some programs "Sport - Calcio" in guide). Also Telefilm does not work. It works for movies.

Can we use wildcards in genres matching? It will sure simplify configuration.

Edit: now everything works fine... didn't read I had to edit the skinsettings.xml file into the skin directory.
    I will test everything in production for a couple of weeks....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom