Skin "Fidelity" 1.0 Ready for Download (11.4.2010) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pletskop

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Re: Skin "Fidelity" Beta Release for Download 8.3.2010

Yes working here with rc1.

OK... I'l install RC1 and check again... could be that this is causing the problem.

Peter

Yes working here with rc1.

OK... I'l install RC1 and check again... could be that this is causing the problem.

Hi Harley,
    Just installed MP RC1 (1.0.5.25080) on a complete fresh Windows 7 (never had MP installed in the past).
    I then installed Moving Pictures (0.7.5.681) and tested it with the Blue3Wide skin. Moving Pictures works correctly and shows the movie info on the home screen and also when I press the "i button".

So far so good... I then went on to installing your Fidelity skin (0.0.1.0 - 8/3/2010).
    When I now go into Moving Pictures it doesn't provide the movie info anymore and pressing the "i button" just give an empty window (it does display the title and rating at the top). :(

FYI. I have noticed that when Moving Pictures first starts and builds up the screen, it shows the backdrop, the movie poster and the list of movies it has found. For a split second, I can also see the labels of the move info section (between the poster and list) being displayed but immediately afterwards being cleared. It's like the skin isn't able to display the database content.

Might the order of installation have anything to do with it? Currently I'm installing Fidelity after installing Moving Pictures.

Hoping you might still have some ideas :confused:

Regards,

Peter

Pletskop

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

Ok... Did some further investigation and managed to kind of "solve" the problem by installing RC1 of Moving Pictures (1.04.1070).
    I know... not the most elegant of problem solving but now at least everything works in Moving Pictures using the Fidelity skin...

Harley, once again great job on what you did with the skin. Can't wait for the final release to be finished... When do you plan on releasing it?

Regards,

Peter

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi Pletskop,

using newest version of moving pictures solved the problem ? Or is it a older version what runs now ?

I´m on the last steps for next release of the skin, think next week it wil be ready. :)

Harley

Pletskop

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

using newest version of moving pictures solved the problem ? Or is it a older version what runs now ?

Using the newest version solved the issue.

I managed to get it running on:
    • MP 1.04.24975 + Moving Pictures 1.04.1070 and Fidelity 0.0.1.0
    • MP RC1 (1.05.25080) + Moving Pictures 1.04.1070 and Fidelity 0.0.1.0

Using the older (stable) version of Moving Pictures (0.7.5.681) only works with the Blue3 skin and not with Fidelity.

Ah well... it solved my issue. Strange that it isn't reproducable on other systems.

Regards,

Peter

micmanm

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine

Hi Harley!
    Thanks for Your great work.
    In attachment - screenshoot of small issue for TV section of skin for russian language.

Attachments

• Fidelity-TV.png
      Fidelity-TV.png
      190.6 KB

Poko

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Hi Harley,

I'd like to say that you have created a truly fantastic skin. One thing, is can you try Apple Trailers (online videos)? Seems to not work. (Says "none" when you select a movie)

A request or two..
    On the home screen, can you make the titles for the main selections (TV/Videos/Music) a little brighter? I find it hard to read them as it's a dark-ish grey text on a black background.
    Also, put a little digital clock underneath your analogue clock? Or at least an option to switch between analogue and digital?
    Finally, I don't suppose you could put the VU meters somewhere on the skin for the music?

Harley, is the RSS infoservice news ticker anywhere on your skin? I can't find it!

Am looking forward to your finished product very much indeed! Thank you for your hard work.

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have notice that the skin is on some Tv's
    to dark. So that the difference between the hovers or items
    and the background is a way to smal.
    So i came across todo some colourthemes
    for the skin, so the user can choose what colour fidelity skin should have.
    For that i have to rework the relevant gfx to do them in different colour styles.
    That will be the next step for the skin.

I will do a package for three or four colours, so what colours would you prever for?

Btw, what do you think about the new hovers on homescreen? Hope you like them. :)

Harley

DanTX

Portal Member
    February 1, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have notice that the skin is on some Tv's
    to dark. So that the difference between the hovers or items
    and the background is a way to smal.
    So i came across todo some colourthemes
    for the skin, so the user can choose what colour fidelity skin should have.
    For that i have to rework the relevant gfx to do them in different colour styles.
    That will be the next step for the skin.

I will do a package for three or four colours, so what colours would you prever for?

Btw, what do you think about the new hovers on homescreen? Hope you like them. :)

Harley

Harley,

Is it possible to add RSS somewhere in the BasicHome Screen, maybe on the bottom? It would be nice to custom configure BasicHome screen with a BasicHome Configuration plugin. Are you planning to release a BasicHome Configuration plugin in the future?

As far the color, I prefer the black (which is the current color) and deep blue (like the one in Windows Media Center). And the the new hover on the homescreen, I really like it. It's very nice. Thanks very much for the beautiful skin.

DanTX

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom