Skin for 852x480 Display (1 Viewer)

andrewm

Portal Member
January 14, 2015
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Planning my first HTPC. Nothing set in stone yet but will probably be using MediaPortal. My display though is a 42" standard definition plasma (852x480 resolution). What, if any, is the best skin to use to be able to read text at that resolution. So many seem to be HD which I suspect means that the text will be to small/indistinct.

Andrew

At some point in the future I will upgrade the screen but only when OLED displays become more affordable.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    My display though is a 42" standard definition plasma (852x480 resolution). What, if any, is the best skin to use to be able to read text at that resolution. So many seem to be HD which I suspect means that the text will be to small/indistinct.
    My TV is a 32-inch LCD with a native resolution of 1366x768. But because of overscan problems, I actually use a logical screen size of 1228x690 (defined in the "Nvidia Control Panel" application). I find that most skins seem to be designed for (young) people with perfect eyesight. However, there is one skin that is designed to work with larger fonts, namely the "aMPed" skin. I don't know how well it would appear on your screen, but it would be worth trying.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom