[SKIN PREVIEW] Avalon HD - **June 7th - Updated images** (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: [SKIN PREVIEW] Avalon HD - **Updated images**

You are right. That could be done. But... Avalon is a pretty plain skin. The reflection under the posters gives the views just that extra depth.

I just thought it looked a bit out of place for the movie list. Maybe it's the rectangular shape of movie posters + the added reflection that just just don't sit right with me. It just looks too tall.

Adding info below the album cover seems a great idea but doesnt hold up when long titles have to be displayed.

I see what you mean. Adding a scrolling label would look ugly so that's out of the question as well.

Cheers!
    Emph

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

It was intended as an animated pin. But the recording pins in MP are hard coded. So it is not possible :(
    I am not at a machine to look now but could you give me a list of which pin files are the ones that could be animated.
    I like this :)

It should not be too difficult to change the hardcoded PNG to check for GIF as well (doubt this would get into 1.2 but let me know)

J

joostzilla

It was intended as an animated pin. But the recording pins in MP are hard coded. So it is not possible :(
    I am not at a machine to look now but could you give me a list of which pin files are the ones that could be animated.

It should not be too difficult to change the hardcoded PNG to check for GIF as well (doubt this would get into 1.2 but let me know)

This is something Nico could answer better i hope :)
    So Nico if you are reading this :D

ncoH

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2007
    Hannover
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: [SKIN PREVIEW] Avalon HD - **Updated images**

It`s tv_is_recording.png and tvguide_record_button.png...

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

I've stopped skinning so I don't know if this will work but the way I animated the fading green menu bar and Hover images in the Home screen of BleazleWide could be worth a look? Just a thought...

eg:

- <window>
    - <controls>
    - <control>
    <description>seperator animation</description>
    <type>animation</type>
    <textures>FADE_VideoEditor0001.png;FADE_VideoEditor0002.png;FADE_VideoEditor0003.png;FADE_VideoEditor0004.png;FADE_VideoEditor0005.png;FADE_VideoEditor0006.png;FADE_VideoEditor0007.png;FADE_VideoEditor0008.png;FADE_VideoEditor0009.png;FADE_VideoEditor0010.png;FADE_VideoEditor0011.png;FADE_VideoEditor0012.png;FADE_VideoEditor0013.png;FADE_VideoEditor0014.png;FADE_VideoEditor0015.png;FADE_VideoEditor0016.png;FADE_VideoEditor0017.png;FADE_VideoEditor0018.png;FADE_VideoEditor0019.png;FADE_VideoEditor0020.png;FADE_VideoEditor0021.png;FADE_VideoEditor0022.png;FADE_VideoEditor0023.png;FADE_VideoEditor0024.png</textures>
    <Duration>0:0:1.0</Duration>
    <RepeatBehavior>1</RepeatBehavior>
    <FillBehavior>HoldEnd</FillBehavior>
    </control>
    </controls>
    </window>

ncoH

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2007
    Hannover
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: [SKIN PREVIEW] Avalon HD - **Updated images**

I've stopped skinning so I don't know if this will work but the way I animated the fading green menu bar and Hover images in the Home screen of BleazleWide could be worth a look? Just a thought...

eg:

- <window>
    - <controls>
    - <control>
    <description>seperator animation</description>
    <type>animation</type>
    <textures>FADE_VideoEditor0001.png;FADE_VideoEditor0002.png;FADE_VideoEditor0003.png;FADE_VideoEditor0004.png;FADE_VideoEditor0005.png;FADE_VideoEditor0006.png;FADE_VideoEditor0007.png;FADE_VideoEditor0008.png;FADE_VideoEditor0009.png;FADE_VideoEditor0010.png;FADE_VideoEditor0011.png;FADE_VideoEditor0012.png;FADE_VideoEditor0013.png;FADE_VideoEditor0014.png;FADE_VideoEditor0015.png;FADE_VideoEditor0016.png;FADE_VideoEditor0017.png;FADE_VideoEditor0018.png;FADE_VideoEditor0019.png;FADE_VideoEditor0020.png;FADE_VideoEditor0021.png;FADE_VideoEditor0022.png;FADE_VideoEditor0023.png;FADE_VideoEditor0024.png</textures>
    <Duration>0:0:1.0</Duration>
    <RepeatBehavior>1</RepeatBehavior>
    <FillBehavior>HoldEnd</FillBehavior>
    </control>
    </controls>
    </window>

yeah, this should work for single textures somewhere in the skin but not with the recording pins.

J

joostzilla

There also is something like an animated png (apng). Only Mp has to support that too. :(
    About APNG | the APNG. brought to you by phug.ca

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hi,

great skin so far!! keep going.. few questions: Will be there suport for coverflow? In music and movingpictures? Like in the default mediaportal 1.2.0beta skin? That would be nice! Is there also a editor file like streamedMP that you can customize the menus??

J

joostzilla

Hi,

great skin so far!! keep going.. few questions: Will be there suport for coverflow? In music and movingpictures? Like in the default mediaportal 1.2.0beta skin? That would be nice! Is there also a editor file like streamedMP that you can customize the menus??

Yes, Coverflow is fully supported. When we have screenshots we will post them in the second post.
    And... Yes there is also an editor to fully customize the basichome. (views will be customizable from within MP)

grabi_2001

Portal Pro
    May 8, 2009
    in den Alpen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [SKIN PREVIEW] Avalon HD - **Updated images**

Hi All
    where can I download for the skin. I would like to install the skin because the views really liked me.

Greetings
    Dirk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom