Skin preview - Reflex - updated 18-06-12 (1 Viewer)

rich110

Portal Pro
July 16, 2005
Melbourne
Home Country
Australia Australia
I think this skin looks fantastic, it's replaced Avallonis as my default skin.

However I have one question. In my past skins, most of the "yes / no" selection dialogue boxes that appear have the "Yes" option highlighted by default, which makes selection of things quicker. For example, to delete a recorded TV program in my old skin, I only had to press 2 buttons on my remote - "0" and then the "OK" . This was very quick. Now I have to press "0", then move "Up" and then press OK. I know it doesn't sound like much more, but for me the fewer steps the better.

So, my question... is there a global setting I can change that makes the yes/no dialogue box highlight the "Yes" option by default?

Thanks.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Oh, btw:

Skin evolution and history

First there was nonafo (mofux):
    12693d1159132195-hvordan-lage-backup-av-dvd-filmene-mine-nonafo082.jpg

.... then came ReVision/RePlicant (Psycho Reptile)
    scaled.php

... and now we got Reflex (pilehave)!
    moving-pictures-filmstrip-jpg.103860

(Damn, I've been on these forums way to long.....)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Why have I not noticed this before? Wow!

Is this ready for 1.3.0alpha when it is released? ;)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I was around XBMC, DVBViewer, GB-PVR, Meedios and a couple of others I can't recall. Guess you got lucky with finding MP from the beginning :D

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I think this skin looks fantastic, it's replaced Avallonis as my default skin.

However I have one question. In my past skins, most of the "yes / no" selection dialogue boxes that appear have the "Yes" option highlighted by default, which makes selection of things quicker. For example, to delete a recorded TV program in my old skin, I only had to press 2 buttons on my remote - "0" and then the "OK" . This was very quick. Now I have to press "0", then move "Up" and then press OK. I know it doesn't sound like much more, but for me the fewer steps the better.

So, my question... is there a global setting I can change that makes the yes/no dialogue box highlight the "Yes" option by default?

Thanks.

It's both good and bad, to be able to delete stuff, without any real confirmation (fast double-click, I'm looking at you!) ;)
    Fortunately you can have it your way easily:

Open up the file dialogYesNo.xml in your favorite text-editor and change
    Code:
    <defaultcontrol>10</defaultcontrol>
    to
    Code:
    <defaultcontrol>11</defaultcontrol>

Ta da :)

rich110

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    It's both good and bad, to be able to delete stuff, without any real confirmation (fast double-click, I'm looking at you!) ;)
    Fortunately you can have it your way easily:

Open up the file dialogYesNo.xml in your favorite text-editor and change
    Code:
    <defaultcontrol>10</defaultcontrol>
    to
    Code:
    <defaultcontrol>11</defaultcontrol>

Ta da :)

Wow, you're fast! Great support.
    Thanks very much... I'll use it with care ;)

Carputer1

November 1, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    not read the whole thread ,, but just went to download and install this skin ,, very very nice work ,
    as i use touch screen , this skin works very well ...
    the only slight issue i have regards to my touch screen setup and this skin , is the top control bar , (home,play,pause) etc is to small could do with being double the size i think .. and the list sliders, also could do with a larger select area,,
    this is just my opinon,,, no dis repect to the great work all ready ,, and its the only supported skin that gives me the 2 features mentioned above.......

if your willing to make ajustments to these 2 features ,, thats fantastic,, but its your work ,, and i will continue to use it either way
    thank you thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom