Skin project: Core (1 Viewer)

riadmelb

Portal Pro
July 9, 2006
Melbourne
Home Country
You are right Daniel, I tried another skin and it did the same thing! But I noticed the distortion happens only if the skin is NOT based on BlueTwo.

riadmelb

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
love the skin mate =)

How can i get that "mirror"effect in 'my videos'? I have in the main menu but not in 'my videos'.. Also the sizes of the images is a bit weird on my TV, but its probably just because i got a higher res.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi,

I’m getting some kind of distortion on the skin. I think it’s related to TV being switched ON. I’m using PVR-150 through s-video only. I’ve included a screenshot for reference. Any idea why or how I can get rid of it?

Distortion: Dots and lines on video list. Dots on FOXTEL word. Dots on [My Movies] word. The distortion is not static, it changes to more or less.

Thank you for your time,
    riadmelb

riadmelb - I think this maybe due to a problem I have seen in the past due to the fontengine and some specific fonts. I am not sure what to search on, maybe font. But this symilar problem has occurred before, maybe not specific to the same issue.

riadmelb

Portal Pro
    July 9, 2006
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Thank you for your input mzemina,

I've stated previously that it doesn't happen on BlueTwo, but last night the distortion appeared on BlueTwo itself!

It started happening after I installed few skins, so I think one of the skins fonts is doing something?

riadmelb

Noelix

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2006
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Looks good on my giant widescreen tv from afar. Looks like some kinks need to be ironed out before it can go full time though. I can try to help if you want!

j1nx

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2005
    This skin is one of those few skin that looks very good on my old CRT tellie. I now run Mayhem III as that is also one of the few that are looking good. But with all those new nice "filmstrip" views with reflections and stuff it is becoming a golden oldie.

So thumbs up, i hope you will stay on top of it, so i can use it with my other plugins (My programs to start with - would love to have the same filmstrip there for my emulator games)

to give some feedback, i think the "normal" home screen is a little out of sync with the rest. What about this one? (just some quick copy and paste work) As you see it is more the same as the rest of the skin screens

EDIT: I did it myself, if you want the real thing as in the picture, use this myhome.xml file. What do you think of it?

Attachments

• Home2.jpg
      Home2.jpg
      30.6 KB
    • MyVideos.jpg
      MyVideos.jpg
      107.6 KB

Nyll

Portal Pro
    May 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Really great skin. I love the tabs, the design is just great. Hope that you'll continue to update this skin!

/Nyll

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    hmm...
    Looks mysteriously like djohansson has gone quiet...
    Still developing??
    (I hope so this skin looks FAB!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom