Skinning guide - discussion and download (1 Viewer)

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Or if your skin gets an update package, and you install this package with the future PackageManager, then any locally modified files would get overridden.
    Not the best behaviour, I fear... Especially on skins user-modified files are very common. We need to keep them (at least a backup) also a skin update happens.

In this case this did not matter as he wants to create an own skin that probably never will be updated by plugin manger at all.
    I responded to this here, because it matches the topic better:
    Plugins and packages - a fresh look at the problem

sab-to-go

Portal Pro
    October 18, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ok im guessing im really missing something really simple but i cannot understand how the home menu is built? do these files home,master_bare,master_menu control the order and words? or i need look somewhere else? or am i not looking correctly? hopefully im not being to annoying.

Attachments

• homemenuCapture.PNG
      homemenuCapture.PNG
      99.3 KB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hopefully im not being to annoying.
    No, keep questions coming. This helps also others who are interested :)

The order of items is defined by the available plugins. Take the Media plugin as example. It defines the WorkflowActions, which contain a sortorder: https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...ia/Skin/default/workflow/media-actions.xml#L7.

The menu items are then built by the MenuModel, combining all available actions (of all plugins) in the current WorkflowState (i.e. "home").

sab-to-go

Portal Pro
    October 18, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    i think i understand the plugin folder a bit more now(all plugins) i see the news, whether, slimtv.client etc all have skins etc.
    so can the plugin.xml file at plugin root of skin
    <DependsOn>
    <PluginReference PluginId="{5D239050-02B8-4f58-8301-7630A1C4CF85}" CompatibleAPI="1"/> <!-- SkinBase -->
    <!-- PluginReference PluginId="{F6C71648-3874-4d27-9232-C41EBEDE0337}" CompatibleAPI="1"/ --> <!-- Background Manager -->
    <!-- PluginReference PluginId="{AD9C0439-F9DA-443c-BAC3-163891FB09F1}" CompatibleAPI="1"/ --> <!-- Weather -->
    </DependsOn>
    can this be used to override/remove/not allow plugins are available to the skin? eg dont allow news, weather...?
    or done else where?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There is currently no other way to disable plugins except to remove them from the plugins folder. I think it can be useful to deactivate them without removal. @osre is this a feature we can add inside our PluginManager rework?

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    I think it can be useful to deactivate them without removal
    We already have a setting called somthing like "UserDisabledPlugins" - I just came across this as I modified our SettingsManager to write every settings file to disk when it is loaded for the first time. There was something like a "PluginManagerSettings" with the setting mentioned before in it. Just don't remember the names 100%...

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There is currently no other way to disable plugins except to remove them from the plugins folder. I think it can be useful to deactivate them without removal. @osre is this a feature we can add inside our PluginManager rework?
    I thought of this already.
    At least it would be nice if the enable/disable button is in the PckMgr UI, since it will have a list of installed plugins anyway.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    We already have a setting called somthing like "UserDisabledPlugins" - I just came across this as I modified our SettingsManager to write every settings file to disk when it is loaded for the first time. There was something like a "PluginManagerSettings" with the setting mentioned before in it. Just don't remember the names 100%...
    Yes, you are right: https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...ices/PluginManager/PluginManager.cs#L144-L158.

Interesting that I can still find unkown code parts of MP2 :p

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Interesting that I can still find unkown code parts of MP2 :p
    I guess these are developed in an parallel universe, or how do you think we were able to get an release done :cool:

sab-to-go

Portal Pro
    October 18, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ok i have tried edit the media-actions.xml file but it doesnt seem to work as i expected? if you say comment out any of the code eg
    <WorkflowContributorAction Id="7D68C459-EE9B-4EAA-AE2C-C2C365139AEE"
    Name="Home->Latest Media"
    DisplayCategory="a-Media"
    SortOrder="g"
    SourceStates="7F702D9C-F2DD-42da-9ED8-0BA92F07787F"
    ContributorModelId="E1752E49-67FE-4D94-8544-1134CC3DCD87"/> <!-- Latest media action -->
    i would have expected the lastest menu item to be removed but instead the entire menu is gone?[DOUBLEPOST=1438088039][/DOUBLEPOST]so the disable of plugins like news, weather ect via gui toggle? this a possible feature?

Attachments

• home1Capture.PNG
      home1Capture.PNG
      60.8 KB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom