Skip forward and back gets out of sync with playback time (1 Viewer)

adagio

Portal Pro
April 5, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Quote:If TsReader.ax doesn't find any PCR data, it will still 'seek' but with much reduced accuracy (which could produce the effect you are seeing.

But somehow mp 1.3 did better for some reason.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Quote:If TsReader.ax doesn't find any PCR data, it will still 'seek' but with much reduced accuracy (which could produce the effect you are seeing.

But somehow mp 1.3 did better for some reason.

Paradoxically the mods after 1.3 were done to fix a problem with seeking when the PCR PIDs changed part way through a recording (created by Argus, if I remember correctly - it was a long time ago.....)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @adagio

I've taken a good look at the logs and the seeking code, and I can't see anything obvious to cause the problem.

Can you try the TsReader.ax version here - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...problems-using-unc-paths.125374/#post-1073493 - and let us know if it fixes the problem (I'd like the logs from it even if it works OK, please). This version reads larger chunks of data when seeking which might help if PCR data isn't occuring as often as it should be.

adagio

Portal Pro
    April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Ok, I had a chance to give it a good try. I used the original tsreader and skipped back and forth on a recording I had. It consistenly skipped incorrectly. I put the one you recommended in and tried the same recording at the same spot. I did NOT notice any wrong skips!!! (When I was using it the other night, I may have seen a bad skip, but it might have been my imagination.) It is a definite improvement if not 100% good. Thank you! I've attached logs for you to look at per your request.

Will this be put into later releases of Mediaportal?

Attachments

• Log062214.zip
      53.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom