[DVD] skip steps not working (1 Viewer)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    mhm OK so i've to open a seperate bug report for my livetv problem? It was totally the same OSD came up but i only see END in the OSD and nothing happens when i press forward or rewind only OSD + END.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Hey i'm not from yesterday..i'm a tweaker!:D It was inside the normal playback part possible on some DVD's.

I have seen such happening with one DVD (yes, during the movie itself). Cyberlink DVD navigator was failing to seek, but MS Navigator was ok. So, please post logs from that failed seek so we can see it if is MP or something else that fails.

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, will reproduce and report. In my codecs part DVD navigator is visible. In my humble opinion BETA 1 was released too early. Problems with DVD playback and LiveTV is critical for MP.

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No just when you press forward or back the gui says END. And does nothing, gui goes away.

@Disaster: Could it be that we both use SAF (stand alone filters)?

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I don't use SAF.

I have just done another test.

With a commercial bought DVD, it all works fine. With one I made myself in Windows DVD maker, it doesn't work.

Could this be significant?

Mark

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    wouter1971
    yes i do - but i will have look if i can reproduce the problem on every PC. Yesterday i simply want to revert my live tv and nothing happens - only OSD was shown.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I don't use SAF.

I have just done another test.

With a commercial bought DVD, it all works fine. With one I made myself in Windows DVD maker, it doesn't work.

Could this be significant?

Yes, at is pretty much shows up that MP is not the one the blame. We are just issuing simple navigation commands to the DVD navigator directshow filter and most likely that one fails to do it's job.

Please post the MediaPortal.log

nachttier

Portal Pro
    March 31, 2006
    Viernheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, so I just tested with some other commercial DVDs and it really seems to be some kind of content protection. I may have had bad luck with the two DVDs I tested in the first place. Sorry for the false alarm!

Lind regards
    nachttier

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    If this doesn't happen on all DVDs -> issue with DVD navigator -> not possible to fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom