Skip to end/live during dvbip recording causes it to stop playing instead. (1 Viewer)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @divxmaster - attached is a new TsReader.ax file to try (version 5.2.3.43).

This has a registry value which you can change to change the minimum 'offset time' from the end-of--recording-file that it will seek to i.e. it won't seek closer than 'n' milliseconds from the end of the file.

The registry key is in: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Team MediaPortal\TsReader
    The specific value is: SeekEndOfFileOffsetInMilliSeconds
    It's set to 4000 milliseconds (4 s) by default, but you can change it to any value between 2000 and 30000 milliseconds (2 s to 30 s)

Just replace TsReader.ax in C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal with the new one and play a recording or live TV in MP so that TsReader is loaded and the default registry value is created. After that, to change the 'SeekEndOfFileOffsetInMilliSeconds' value just run the Windows 'Registry Editor' app and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Team MediaPortal\TsReader (make sure you view the value in Decimal, not Hexadecimal - see below)

upload_2019-2-23_12-37-37.png

Attachments

• TsReader_5.2.3.43.zip
      322.8 KB

divxmaster

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Awesome, thanks Owlsroost
    Yes, it works, but I had to change the offset to 6000.
    If I skip to end, and then skip to end again a few times it gets to 2 secs behind with a offset of 6000.
    So the default of 4000 was still getting end of file. I will try 5000 later on today.

I also improved things a lot before installing this patch by setting ffmpeg parameter -forced-idr.
    Setting that it only failed 1 out of 5 times but now it seems perfect. Note -forced-idr was off
    in my testing of the offset 6000.

Cheers,
    Divxmaster

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I also improved things a lot before installing this patch by setting ffmpeg parameter -forced-idr.

That will add more 'random access' points in the stream, making it more likely TsReader will find one (and start playing) before it hits end-of-file.

The TsReader mod will be included in the next release of MP1.

divxmaster

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    cool, thanks.
    Turning back on -forced-idr, the offset of 5000 now works, but 4000 still gets EOF.

Cheers,
    Divxmaster

divxmaster

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    update: found a few odd occasions when 5000 didnt work, 6000 displayed a different symptom, that when skipping to live, it would play along for sometimes
    quite a while.. say 30 seconds and then stop. maybe a few skipped frames brought it too close to the end. set to 7000 now. Doesnt really matter, even 7000 is only 3 or so sec behind.

Cheers,
    Divxmaster

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom