bob808

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2008
    Hampshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Still here,

At a really important part of my course at work so have had zero time to give on this project at the moment.

I will be cleaning up the code and donating it to the team so they can introduce it in the next major release, by this I mean 1.2.0. So that they can integrate it.

Appologies for the long gap but I can't let anything get in the way at the minute.

Thanks DJBlu - completely understand that real life has to come first! All the best iwth your coursework and studies, and thanks for getting this as far as it has! Will be fantastic when this can eventually become part of MP proper.

bob

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    DJBlu,

Just to echo what Miroslav22 - many thanks for your continued support on this - and I hope your course/work goes well. :)

Miroslav - it would be fantastic if this functionality/code could be continued.

J.

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    Hi yes ive contacted the developers today to try and get a new branch started in the SVN that this specific Sky functionality can be developed on. This will make it really easy to merge into the main release of MediaPortal in the near future (and to integrate into any more published RCs)

I am going to look at series link as another enhancement as well, but that will be further down the line. Getting the epg working in post RC1 is task #1

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    Quick update,

Unfortunately ive not managed to get in touch with DJBlu, so im currently re-implementing the EPG grabbing functionality from scratch. Ive worked out the sky EPG data format and the PIDs and tables that carry them, so the hard part should be over :)

I'll post dll's for RC3 when finished. I estimate 2-3 weeks, but might be sooner if I dont run into any problems. This will just contain the EPG grabbing at the moment, not any of the advanced channel scanning.

Im unsure if it will work with Sky IT unfortunately. If the stream format is the same then it will, but I wont be able to test it.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    Quick update,

Unfortunately ive not managed to get in touch with DJBlu, so im currently re-implementing the EPG grabbing functionality from scratch. Ive worked out the sky EPG data format and the PIDs and tables that carry them, so the hard part should be over :)

I'll post dll's for RC3 when finished. I estimate 2-3 weeks, but might be sooner if I dont run into any problems. This will just contain the EPG grabbing at the moment, not any of the advanced channel scanning.

Im unsure if it will work with Sky IT unfortunately. If the stream format is the same then it will, but I wont be able to test it.

There is source on the net to help. I would send mine but it isn't up to the coding standards of Media Portal, so you are probably better off with a fresh rewrite.

The following will help you out.

Sky UK / Italy / Australia all use the same system however Sky Italy uses a different huffman table than the other two.

The channels all have ID's which are 2bytes long. These are found in the BAT,

The BAT lists the SID,NID,TID for a channel and has the Channel ID associated with this. This has to be your first search as you need the TID,NID,SID to import the EPG into MediaPortal.

Next you need to search the PIDs, 0x30-0x37 for the titles. You will need to use the Channel ID and event ID as the unique identifier for the event.

Then search for the summarys on 0x40-0x47 then you can use the Channel ID and event ID to link it to the title.
    All would be much easier if Media Portal had a database field with EPGChannelID so you can skip the first part.

Also the trouble I had was the time format, Sky uses MJD and Mediaportal uses Unix so you need to calculate this too.

There are fields in the title format that no one has yet decoded, when you have your source up and running give me a shout and I'll let you know how to introduce, Classifications on Movies, HD tags, Series Link ID's and Episode termination, SDT Channel searching and Sky Numbering.

You will see PID's 0x50-0x57, This is for PPV events and adult channels. I wouldn't get drawn into it too much as its not that important.

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    thanks djblu,

progress is going very well actually, i'm hoping to start testing tonight after work.

One question - Looking at sky's patent, they use 3 huffman tables - 1 is hard wired in firmware (the one used by the loadepg plugin) and there are 2 dynamic tables (broadcast on pid 0x85 I believe). Do you know if Sky ever reference these dynamic tables? - I believe each epg data item has a dictionary Id, but it always seems to be set the same...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom