Sky IT / UK / UK Freesat EPG (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenu

Portal Member
May 22, 2008
Home Country
England England
will this fix my problem scanning DVB-S2 transponders on SkyDigital UK?
it just gives me no signal, EPG is empty unless i actually watch the channel too, will this sort out both of these issues?
cheers!

clarkey2r

Portal Pro
February 9, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I am trying to rescan my sky uk channels but, I'm struggling deleting ITV1 and Channel4, I have deleted everything else but can get rid of these! I just get the 'This may take a while....please be patient' no matter how long I leave it they don't delete!

Also has anyone thought of updating the user guide pdf? Save people trawling through the thread to see what some bits do? Just a thought!!

EDIT: I have this working now, thank you!

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi djblu,

Any news on a new release based on the latest svn?

Thanks

J.

bob808

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2008
    Hampshire
    Home Country
    what is the latest release that this works with - RC1, RC2, RC3, or a SVN somewhere in between? I am thinking of retrying MediaPortal after a 12 month absence, but this is key to my uptake of it...

Thanks

bob

Peval

Portal Member
    July 17, 2006
    Cervia
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    For what I know last release works with RC2. We are waiting for a new release working with RC3. Do not download the file from the first page, there is an updated in a later post in this thread.

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    there is a release that works with rc2, however it seems to make tvservice unstable (or prevents it from starting at all in some cases). I found the service would crash 3-4 times per week using the rc2 version

bob808

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2008
    Hampshire
    Home Country
    there is a release that works with rc2, however it seems to make tvservice unstable (or prevents it from starting at all in some cases). I found the service would crash 3-4 times per week using the rc2 version

that's not so good! Has anyone heard from DJBlu as to progress on a stable version for RC3? Is development still ongoing?

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

Nope - And I don't want to bug him (the work these guys/gals do in their own time is great). I'm sure he'll be around when he can (but I do hope he's ok)

I'm running the original files (RC3) and using an xml tvguide file once a week to do the import (luckily I have an existing subscription to DigiGuide)

J.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    Still here,

At a really important part of my course at work so have had zero time to give on this project at the moment.

I will be cleaning up the code and donating it to the team so they can introduce it in the next major release, by this I mean 1.2.0. So that they can integrate it.

Appologies for the long gap but I can't let anything get in the way at the minute.

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    Hi DJBlu,

Many thanks for your continued support on this.

If your really busy, I'd be more than happy to get your code up to MediaPortal's standards. If the team would let me, I could code into a new branch on the SVN (and look into the problem with RC2/3 at the same time). This way it will be easy to compile a new release every time a new RC candidate is published. When the feature freeze is lifted (after 1.1.0 final) it will then just be a case of merging the branch onto the trunk for the code to be integrated into the next major release.

Let me know what you think, but I fully understand if you dont want to give up your source.

Thanks,

Jon

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom