Status
Not open for further replies.

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi DJBlu, many thanks for the TSWriter, fills up the UK sky epg niceley, except the epg title for each channel is a bit messed up (mostly with blank titles).

Kind regards.

Kev

Redownload the file above. I have modified it.

Amazing what happens when a "{" is in the wrong place. :D

NOTE: You might need to increase your EPG timeout value to 20 minutes.

Hi DJBlu,

Thanks for the latest version, it is much appreciated! I don't suppose you had chance to look into the problem I had with forign/accented charactors? Beyoncé was Beyonc or it would put random charactors in its place like BeyoncÁ©. Sorry i've not got any logs from the time anymore.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    Hi DJBlu, many thanks for the TSWriter, fills up the UK sky epg niceley, except the epg title for each channel is a bit messed up (mostly with blank titles).

Kind regards.

Kev

Hi DJBlu,

Thanks for the latest version, it is much appreciated! I don't suppose you had chance to look into the problem I had with forign/accented charactors? Beyoncé was Beyonc or it would put random charactors in its place like BeyoncÁ©. Sorry i've not got any logs from the time anymore.

Is it still doing it now?

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country

Hi DJBlu,

Is it still doing it now?

I've not seen it for a while, but it all depends on if those charactors are used. If I spot it again I'll be sure to let you know and will post the logs. :D

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi everyone,

Many thanks for providing this DJBlu :D

I'm going to sound stupid here, but previously I was using PowerSCheduler with XMLTVGUI to get EPG into MP (it worked great for getting data into the EPG - but I do have problems with Powerscheduler).

I've switched over to your solution (far neater), but I'm not sure it is working correctly.

Is there a way to purge/empty the EPG data, and then let your solution process the stream based EPG (to see what channels it is populating?

I have configured as per your instructions Background Audio EPG and Brit Shorts, but whenever I check in the logs, its is downloading data for channels I do not use (and I can't find any reference to the channels I do use??)

Many thanks,

J.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    Hi everyone,

Many thanks for providing this DJBlu :D

I'm going to sound stupid here, but previously I was using PowerSCheduler with XMLTVGUI to get EPG into MP (it worked great for getting data into the EPG - but I do have problems with Powerscheduler).

I've switched over to your solution (far neater), but I'm not sure it is working correctly.

Is there a way to purge/empty the EPG data, and then let your solution process the stream based EPG (to see what channels it is populating?

I have configured as per your instructions Background Audio EPG and Brit Shorts, but whenever I check in the logs, its is downloading data for channels I do not use (and I can't find any reference to the channels I do use??)

Many thanks,

J.

Press "Refresh EPG Data" under Manual Control.

This will delete all your data.

The TSWriter will get the EPG data for whatever channels you have in your database, whether you use them or not.

In the DVB EPG settings make sure that the "Only grab EPG for selected channels" is NOT selected.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I tried the manual refresh and it does indeed clear the EPG data :O

It showed me that the sky data was not being downloaded - As per usual this was down to user error - As I don't use radio on my HTPC, I hadn't mapped any radio channels to any of my tuners!

I have now mapped all radio to both channels and it does grab the sky data.

Although I am getting weird results, where the EPG is not complete/corrupt. I have attached a screen capture and the epg log file The entries around 21:35 are from a manual refresh

Maybe I am not leaving it long enough to populate?

My EPG timeout is 10 minutes with a 240 refresh

Thanks,

J.

Attachments

• epg.png
      epg.png
      654.6 KB

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    DJBlu,

Please ignore me, I missed the post with the updated code/release.

I have applied that and everything seems to be working great! :D

Many thanks for providing this very needed piece of functionality.

On a related note, I assume I wont need to wake the HTPC at 2am anymore, as I can rely on this finding idle tuners and performing an incremental update when the HTPC is in use (but not both tuners)?

Cheers,

J.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    I strongly recommend you put your timeout up to 20 minutes.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi again,

Advice taken - Timeout is now 20 minutes :)

I assume the EPG grabbing will use either of my tuners (both are set for EPG grabbing).

So if watching TV (ie using one tuner), the other tuner will grab data (if idle) - if so, what is the purpose of the option to grab while time shifting?

Thanks,

J.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom