Not open for further replies.

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there , here's SKY IT is working only on MediaPortal 1.0.2 but not in beta 1.1 , am i missing something ?
    I don't know about Sky, but UK Freesat EPG works in 1.1 beta, plus quite a few other FTA channels on Astra 28.2E and Eurobird 28.5E. You do NOT need to install djblu's patch on 1.1 like you had to for earlier versions.

Rob

Glenn UK

Portal Member
    July 3, 2009
    Basildon, Essex
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi guys

hope you are all well, been a while now since i last posted but wondered if you can point me in the right direction.

I had acquired a better pc so installed the DVB-S card in the new machine, installed MP and 4TR and am pretty much working now with a couple of small exceptions.

I am using the dvb-epg grabbing facility and it works fine, importing all the info. However, in 4tr EPG guide some channels are missing.

BBC2 England, ITV2 +1, etc.

The epg guide does have the info if i search for a programme i know is on one of the missing channels, it appears in the search list and i can record from it but its just not showing up in the epg list. The channel itself is listed, the guide is just not populated although many others are.

I have gone back to the plugin page in MP and checked the linking of the channels, i have changed the settings to auto and manually linked but this does not seem to fix the problem.

Any thoughts of where to look please? I did try to search for missing channels but i cant seem to find anyhitng which relates directly to this problem.:D

Any help appreciated.

Glenn

bushbrother

Portal Pro
    February 14, 2008
    UK
    Home Country
    Any thoughts of where to look please? I did try to search for missing channels but i cant seem to find anyhitng which relates directly to this problem.:D

Any hjelp appreciated.

Glenn

The only place I can think of is in the channels list or guide channels list in the 4TR Management console, on one of those pages there are tick boxes on the left of each channel that toggle visability in the EPG ... could it be there?

Glenn UK

Portal Member
    July 3, 2009
    Basildon, Essex
    Home Country
    England England
    ROFL you are a diamond geezer, problem sorted!!!

I had looked at the channel lisitng and the relevant channels were ticked hence showing up in the EPG guide.

However, when you click on 'Channels' in the 4TR concole, you get a list of the channels and the option to show/hide them in the EPG but there is also a column for selecting the guide channel. I have no idea why but some of the channels i had were not showing anyhitng in the guide channel section. So setting those now alows the relevatn sections to be indicated in the EPG.

However another quesiont now comes, when i select the guide channel to link to the channel in the epg there are channels missing from this list such as Horse and Country, zone horror +1, all i need to do now is work out how to populate the guide channel list with further channels and i will be sorted.

Thanks for that, i had looked at the boxes being ticked in the channel list but had missed the second column and its relevance.

Glenn

bushbrother

Portal Pro
    February 14, 2008
    UK
    Home Country
    ROFL you are a diamond geezer, problem sorted!!!
    Glad that got it sorted, please use the THANKS button :)

However another quesiont now comes, when i select the guide channel to link to the channel in the epg there are channels missing from this list such as Horse and Country, zone horror +1, all i need to do now is work out how to populate the guide channel list with further channels and i will be sorted.
    Sometimes FTR can take some time to populate data through, a restart can sometimes help to kick start the import tasks. Are you saying that there channels missing in the Management Console, or in the linking section of the FTR TV plugin?

BTW, you may want to move this to the FTR forums as you will get a lot more help there, this is a bit off topic for this forum post ...

Glenn UK

Portal Member
    July 3, 2009
    Basildon, Essex
    Home Country
    England England
    The channels are missing in the linking section of the channel window.

IE you have a chanel with a box to check to make it visible in the EPG, then to the right of the channel is a channel guide section with a drop down list. You scroll down through the drop down menu to find the same channel but it is this list which has channels missing.

sorry i cant post images otherwise it would be clear what im saying.:sorry:

Ill go post on the ftr forum as you suggest

Glenn

bushbrother

Portal Pro
    February 14, 2008
    UK
    Home Country
    IE you have a chanel with a box to check to make it visible in the EPG, then to the right of the channel is a channel guide section with a drop down list. You scroll down through the drop down menu to find the same channel but it is this list which has channels missing.

I think I know where you mean. As long as the channels are mapped to your tuning card then they will appear eventually in FTR, sometimes takes an hour or so. Did you try restart? Also do they appear in the LiveTV section of FTR Management Console?

Glenn UK

Portal Member
    July 3, 2009
    Basildon, Essex
    Home Country
    England England
    thanks for the support, i realise that the epg can take a while to populate but the channels in question have been listed in the epg for a few days or more, whilst the other channels listed have the epg populated to the 30th dec so i dont think its that.

If i do a search for a programme on one of the channles on question 4tr has the info its just not displayed.

yes the channels are listed in the live tv section and they do work.

I reckon that somehow between ftr and mp there is a way to link the guide channel drop down list and update the list so they channels can all be linked.

ill have another fiddle with it and see if i can solve it.

cheers

Glenn

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    DJBlu

With the release of 1.1Beta which now includes your code for exracting Freesat EPG info is there any timescale for the the full Sky channels, as included in the current patched TSWriter ? You indicated a while back this would follow later - is this still the case?

What you have done and resulant patched TSWriter is too good to let go of, the fact it works flawlesly and has have for months means I will most likley stick with MP 1.0.2 until a 1.1 patched TSWriter or this code makes into MP 1.1 - would hate to have to go back to incomplete xmltv files.

Thanks for for time

Trevor

The reason I haven't included the Sky Code is because it is messy and doesn't conform to the coding standards of MediaPortal.

When and if I can change it I will. I am just busy with another part of the project at the minute.

It hasn't been forgotten just on the back burner.

I will upload a new TSWriter that will work with 1.1 beta as an interim.

Hi DJBlu,

I don't suppose you have a timescale for the Sky EPG intergration in MP 1.10? I've read from other forums that you are very busy and haven't had time to look at it. Is there any chance of uploading the current Sky EPG tswriter code for someone else from the team to continue in your absence?

Have a very merry chrismas, and thank you for your work intergrating this great feature. It's saved my hours of work and £££ in digiguide subscriptions. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom