Skype plugin (2 Viewers)

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    nuggie, I don't know anything about programming - just some batch scripting - but is it not possible to start with some basic functionality and add features later (like video)?

Tip: you could PM TesterBoy so you are not re-inventing hot water

nuggie

Portal Member
    June 12, 2009
    i will give it a try in the future.

First of all, this is a bachelor thesis.
    When the thesis is finished i have to ask my professor, whether I'm permitted to release this plugin.

So until now it's still unsure, if I could release this plugin, but i will do my best :)

TesterBoy

Portal Pro
    July 10, 2006
    Lower Hutt
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Skype4MP Sources!

So - assuming that you aren't all actually talking about the other Skype plugin, I apologise for not maintaining it recently. I hadn't seen any complaints so I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that no-one was using it - since it can take a lot of time especially when skins are involved, I kind of fell out of the habit. I don't use it on MP any more myself...

To be honest, although I enjoyed doing it originally, I think I've used up all my enthusiasm for maintaining it. (I even started an MP2 version but couldn't maintain the enthusiasm for that, either :) )

Accordingly, I have attached what I think are the complete, most recent source files. I haven't put them in the repository, since that should be a privilege reserved for actively maintained plugins...

So - If someone wants to pick it up, please feel free - PM me if you have any problems building the project (missing files etc). I'll try to remember to check back in a couple of days/weeks. (I still use MP, so have to keep up with the website/forums occasionally...). If you do decide to it, it would probably be a good idea to say so here so everybody knows...

Cheers,
    Andrew

Note: As I have said in a couple of PMs in the past, I'm sure that this is not an exemplar of C# style - I learnt as I went...

Attachments

• Skype4MPSource.zip
      30.6 KB

johns11

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Reading through recent postings of this thread lead to me understand this plugin was not working. I just want to correct that. I've installed "skype4mpupdated" with MP 1.02 and Skype 4.0.0.227 on XP SP3 and it works quite well. It even does video one direction (out of MP). There were a couple of tricks:
    1./ Once MP is started the first time you need to go back into the skype application dialog and there should be a message saying that mediaportal.exe wants to communicate with skype, so click ok on that.
    2./ I got the skin files out of the source on sourceforge, but they are provided in the zip file above.
    There's a monor gliche with the skin at the end of a call but apart from that I thinks it's pretty good.

blitzkrg

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2007
    Reading through recent postings of this thread lead to me understand this plugin was not working. I just want to correct that. I've installed "skype4mpupdated" with MP 1.02 and Skype 4.0.0.227 on XP SP3 and it works quite well. It even does video one direction (out of MP). There were a couple of tricks:
    1./ Once MP is started the first time you need to go back into the skype application dialog and there should be a message saying that mediaportal.exe wants to communicate with skype, so click ok on that.
    2./ I got the skin files out of the source on sourceforge, but they are provided in the zip file above.
    There's a monor gliche with the skin at the end of a call but apart from that I thinks it's pretty good.

I'm also running the "skype4mpupdated" but with MP 1.1.0, skype 4.0.0.116 on windows 7 x64
    this plugin wont load inside of MP, but it causes skype to run in silent mode which is what i wanted it for in the 1st place.
    i'm using a vtech 7100 phone with my system. and i just want skype to sit in the try and not show itself.. i want to use my skype phone like a normal telephone, and this helps make that happen.

fripsy

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2008
    Grasse
    Home Country
    France France
    Perhaps video is possibel...

Hi all,

The trouble with Skype video is that there's no way to tap into the video stream...
    So I came up with an other way of handling things.

I am able to get the video with a little prog I made in Delphi/Pascal, so it should be possible in C also.

I am a Delphi/Pascal programmer (among other languages) with almost zero knowledge of C but I'd like to take up on this challenge and to try to make it work in C also.

I downloaded the source above and managed to compile the project to a working dll. This is a good start, got the original working without to much of a hassle.

Now I "only" have to translate the routines I've written in Pascal to C and implement them in the project without breaking anything else...:D

Meanwhile I'll have to learn C as I go along.

If anyone has any tips or remarks, feel free to comment.

Keep you posted.

Frank.

fripsy

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2008
    Grasse
    Home Country
    France France
    Quick update:

I managed to get Skype-video in my (Delphi) program.
    However, it only works if the Skype window is freely visible, no other windows on top, which isn't exactly what we want...

It should be possible though, there is a program called "SuperTinTin" which claims to be able to record Skype video even if Skype is minimised...
    Could someone test this for me please, as my development pc locks up when I try to record with that program... (I know I need to change my pc...)

Cheers.

Frank.

Kasselhöfer

Portal Pro
    February 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

I have a problem with the program. Wenn I start Skype by MP I receive the Error see attached.
    The .xml and so on are not installed in the skin folders
    Were can I get the necessary files for Skin Black Glass to copy this in the right folders

My system is Windows 7 64bit, MP 1.0.2.0, Skype4MP 0.1.1.6

Andreas

Attachments

• Error.JPG
      Error.JPG
      15.1 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom