Skype plugin (1 Viewer)

fripsy

Portal Pro
December 11, 2008
Grasse
Home Country
France France
Sorry for the late reply, just got back from a business trip.

Kasselhöfer

You can find the standard xml-files in the Blue2 (Wide) directory, there is a problem with the installer, the skin files are not copied to their proper directories.
As far as I know there are no specific skin files for Black Glass, either search the forums or modify them yourself, or use the standard ones.

Ixreb

There are other Skype-alikes and ooVoo is one of them, but I doubt it is as wide spread as Skype...
Anyway, thanks for the tip.

Cheers.

Kasselhöfer

Portal Pro
February 20, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,
it works now. I change the version auf the skin BlackGlas from 1.8.0 to 1.9.0. In the new version the support for Skype4MP is added

Andreas

Jean-Marc

Portal Pro
February 28, 2007
Home Country
France France
Hi Andreas,

Can you confirm me that everything is working well with the black glass skin?

I installed Skype4MP yesterday with Black glass 1.9, the display is ok but I cannot make any call: when I click on a contact, it appears on the left part of the screen, but no call is done (I tested with Skype echo/sound test service)

I just posted that on black glass 1.9 forum because I was thinking that it was skin related, in fact not if is is working for you..

I am using Skype 4.1 and everything needed, MP 1.02. The log doesn't show any error for this plugin.

If somebody could help me, many thanks in advance...

Kasselhöfer

Portal Pro
February 20, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Jean-Marc,
I had the same problem.
When you click on contact, the contact appears on the left side. That is OK. After this press F9. A menue on the right side will open. here is the calling button. You must do the same when you will hang up. I could not test it with the remote, because I installed Skype4MP only on my office PC

Sorry for my bad english

Andreas

Jean-Marc

Portal Pro
February 28, 2007
Home Country
France France
Many :D, Andreas, it works with your explanation!!
But really, this plugin is not very intuitive and I observe a vey high cpu usage.

chameleon82

Portal Member
September 22, 2009
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hello guys!
    What about video-calls? I have last test build of MP1.1.0 and use skype4mp from TesterBoy. Its works fine, but i cant do it videocalls. What can i do to do videocalls?
    I see that Skype-api (skype4com) has this feature: https://developer.skype.com/Docs/ApiDoc/Making_and_managing_video_calls .
    Also, some methods here https://developer.skype.com/jira/browse/SPA-117
    Where i can dowload the latest version of plugin?
    Thnx )

If you read some of the other posts you will see that we are still looking for a developer to take over the maintenance of this plug-in because its been dormant for a very long time....

banga

Portal Member
    December 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    hm i have problem i don't see picture near skype contact who is online who is offline, also for example when i send some one message through this skype plugin he don't get that message but when i am using history and than chat he can see all my writing message (i can only send and start chat with someone which i have in history)

sorry for my bad english i hope that u understood

tnx for help

fripsy

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2008
    Grasse
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi guys,

Just a quick update:

I'm able to compile and change the source for this plugin, so I could make some updates.
    The thing is that I do not have a spare moment to update this now.

Just found 5 minutes to let you know this.

@chameleon82:

Those links you posted are just the commands to select your video source and some video settings, as till now, there is no incomming video support in the Skype API, that's why I'm trying to find a workaround that is stable enough until this is added in the API.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom